04-03-2013 08:03 PM
54 123
tools
    I'm not saying it doesn't(or does for that matter) have an effect on performance and battery life. I'm saying that it shouldn't.
    As you said, this isn't Android, a user shouldn't micromanage what they do, its supposed to just work. And yet, here we are finding ourselves in a situation where we need to.

We need to stop defending WPs shortcomings. If apps can mess up the user experience so much just by being installed, there's something wrong, either with the OS or the certification process. Right now its looking like we have the worst of both worlds, iOSs closed platform and Android stability.
    I agree if I thought there were any real shortcomings.

I am just NOT getting the problems all the rest of you people are getting. ALL my Live Tiles work beautifully. No missed notifications. All and any messages I receive via Twitter, FB etc are fed directly to the Me tile correctly.

I'm finding the more I use it that WP8 is a joy to use. And the Nokia Lumia 920 is just a brilliant phone. Zero lockups, problems and I'm getting close to 2 days battery life.

I've read about all the problems a lot of users are having with Live Tiles, notifications and ****ty battery life. I just can't replicate them.
    If I thought there were any real problems with the OS, I would be the first to stick the boot in.....

YMMV!!!
    04-01-2013 04:32 PM
    I too agree that live tiles and toast notifications are the unique way of notifying on WP, and its quite enough for me. But its nice to have the option of viewing all the missed notifications at one place as well. LD continues to surprise WP users with their excellent apps, I hope this one takes off soon as other dev would come on board
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express
    04-01-2013 05:31 PM
    I don't understand why does it only allow third party app notifications what about the build in stuff O_O
    (WP twitter and Facebook bla bla,)
    Lol and I thought they had already some apps we can get some notifications from but all of them are in pending omy gosh -_-
    04-03-2013 05:34 PM
    i dont think major apps will bother supporting unification
    04-03-2013 08:03 PM
54 123