WP8 Notification Centre - Unification? by Liquid Daffodil

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
All my apps that use toasts and live tiles work correctly. Well except FB, which we all know is garbage.

Everything else works fine. I'd suggest stop using garbage apps.

Perfectly put!!! Install only the apps you use regularly.

I've seen 50 + apps on peoples WP phones... Why??? Loads of Live Tiles on the home screen too. And these people wonder why their Live Tiles and notifications don't work, and battery life is poor....

TheContact

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I've seen 50 + apps on peoples WP phones... Why??? Loads of Live Tiles on the home screen too. And these people wonder why their Live Tiles and notifications don't work, and battery life is poor....

I'm sorry, but what? Why should someone limit the way they use the phone just so that it would work as advertised. They're probably holding it wrong too right...

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site

I think there are some apps who just have sh***y functionality no matter how many apps you have installed or pinned to the home screen

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm sorry, but what? Why should someone limit the way they use the phone just so that it would work as advertised. They're probably holding it wrong too right...

It was a valid point, mate.

How many apps do you realistically use on a daily basis??? 6??

Put all the apps and Live Tiles you want, but don't complain when your battery lasts half a day. There are hundreds of posts about battery life, or the lack of.... Also battery metering apps. It's like owning an Android device again.....

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

Put all the apps and Live Tiles you want, but don't complain when your battery lasts half a day. There are hundreds of posts about battery life, or the lack of.... Also battery metering apps. It's like owning an Android device again.....

even 50 live tiles shouldn't be a problem, since they "only" update every 30 minutes. I have a developer version of TimeMe pinned that updates every minute (so, should count as 30 apps, shouldn't it?) and still the battery lasts at least a day with normal usage, except when I use Nokia reader. Then it lasts 2 hours, but that's a known problem.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm a bit disappointed at the interface. Liquid Daffodil is usually pretty good at adding a bit of personality to their designs, though I can see why they wanted to make this look as native as possible. The notification list is a bit too squished, it could do with some resized fonts or more spacing. The title's too large, they should have gone with a smaller one or the pivot view. I don't see the utility in the recent apps view, it takes up so much space and doesn't show you anything past what you used recently? The main screen should be dedicated to seeing your notifications and filtering them. The "all apps" screen doesn't seem like the best implementation of a filter that could have been thought up. While I'm in la-la-land, it would be awesome if you could assign custom metadata to apps so you can have categorised lists of notifications.

Hopefully this takes off though, just my honest critique :]

TheContact

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I'm not saying it doesn't(or does for that matter) have an effect on performance and battery life. I'm saying that it shouldn't.
As you said, this isn't Android, a user shouldn't micromanage what they do, its supposed to just work. And yet, here we are finding ourselves in a situation where we need to.

We need to stop defending WPs shortcomings. If apps can mess up the user experience so much just by being installed, there's something wrong, either with the OS or the certification process. Right now its looking like we have the worst of both worlds, iOSs closed platform and Android stability.

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm not saying it doesn't(or does for that matter) have an effect on performance and battery life. I'm saying that it shouldn't.
As you said, this isn't Android, a user shouldn't micromanage what they do, its supposed to just work. And yet, here we are finding ourselves in a situation where we need to.

We need to stop defending WPs shortcomings. If apps can mess up the user experience so much just by being installed, there's something wrong, either with the OS or the certification process. Right now its looking like we have the worst of both worlds, iOSs closed platform and Android stability.

I agree if I thought there were any real shortcomings.

I am just NOT getting the problems all the rest of you people are getting. ALL my Live Tiles work beautifully. No missed notifications. All and any messages I receive via Twitter, FB etc are fed directly to the Me tile correctly.

I'm finding the more I use it that WP8 is a joy to use. And the Nokia Lumia 920 is just a brilliant phone. Zero lockups, problems and I'm getting close to 2 days battery life.

I've read about all the problems a lot of users are having with Live Tiles, notifications and ****ty battery life. I just can't replicate them.
If I thought there were any real problems with the OS, I would be the first to stick the boot in.....

YMMV!!!

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I too agree that live tiles and toast notifications are the unique way of notifying on WP, and its quite enough for me. But its nice to have the option of viewing all the missed notifications at one place as well. LD continues to surprise WP users with their excellent apps, I hope this one takes off soon as other dev would come on board
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

Vb2012

Banned
Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Guide for liquid notification app

I don't understand why does it only allow third party app notifications what about the build in stuff O_O
(WP twitter and Facebook bla bla,)
Lol and I thought they had already some apps we can get some notifications from but all of them are in pending omy gosh -_-

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers