The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
08-23-2013 07:35 AM
33 12
tools
    It's not bad, I like the simplicity. My 810 is suffering over its inability to use the SD storage instead of the main storage (which I'm out of).
    I have the Lumia 920 so didn't know about SD card. Not an issue for me. The developer should add SD card support though..
    06-08-2013 07:31 PM
    Does anyone know how often the windows store checks for podcast updates? I was under the impression it checked for new podcasts when you plugged in and were connected to WiFi, but there have been several times that I know new episodes are available when I plug my phone in for the night, and I don't have the new episode in the morning.
    06-12-2013 12:15 PM
    Does anyone know how often the windows store checks for podcast updates? I was under the impression it checked for new podcasts when you plugged in and were connected to WiFi, but there have been several times that I know new episodes are available when I plug my phone in for the night, and I don't have the new episode in the morning.
    The last time I had it working, it seemed like it would be once every 24 hours (though the "once" wasn't always "overnight"; not sure when or how it decided what time to check).

Though after using the Windows application to sync some audiobooks as "podcasts" with my phone, the podcast function on my phone is completely broken. Oh, it plays the books I synced just fine as if they were podcasts (remembering position, for example), but I can't subscribe to new podcasts, it won't download episodes from podcasts I have subscribed to, and it's even refusing to unsubscribe from podcasts (even when I delete all the episodes contained therein).
    06-13-2013 02:07 PM
    The last time I had it working, it seemed like it would be once every 24 hours (though the "once" wasn't always "overnight"; not sure when or how it decided what time to check).

Though after using the Windows application to sync some audiobooks as "podcasts" with my phone, the podcast function on my phone is completely broken. Oh, it plays the books I synced just fine as if they were podcasts (remembering position, for example), but I can't subscribe to new podcasts, it won't download episodes from podcasts I have subscribed to, and it's even refusing to unsubscribe from podcasts (even when I delete all the episodes contained therein).

Same thing happened to me. Cannot unsubscribe, cannot delete and no new episodes!!! BROKEN!! My decision now is to to use the music app for audiobooks and find another app for podcast... still looking for a good app for podcast
    06-15-2013 09:10 PM
    It's not bad, I like the simplicity. My 810 is suffering over its inability to use the SD storage instead of the main storage (which I'm out of).
    Unfortunately, write-access to SD cards is not available to third party developers (ie. not Microsoft or Nokia) so you won't find that feature anywhere.

Here's the reply I got from Gilles Khouzam (Senior Dev Lead on WP) when I asked him about it:

I’ve checked around and I’m afraid that non-public access to the SD card is only given to OEMs, it’s not a permissions that would be given to 3rd party developers
    While I'm dubious, this article seems to imply that you can install apps from your SD card and they won't take up internal storage space, which might be worth trying. I can't test it personally since my phone does not have an SD card slot.
    Last edited by Richard Szalay; 06-27-2013 at 11:13 PM.
    06-27-2013 10:56 PM
    Unfortunately, write-access to SD cards is not available to third party developers (ie. not Microsoft or Nokia) so you won't find that feature anywhere.
    Very disappointing; I hope they allow this at some point in the very near future, as I'm down to 50MB free now. :(

While I'm dubious, this article seems to imply that you can install apps from your SD card and they won't take up internal storage space, which might be worth trying. I can't test it personally since my phone does not have an SD card slot.
    Looks like it just keeps the XAP install file on the SD card, although the actual program is still installed to main storage. Still, any advantage I can get, I suppose....
    06-28-2013 01:55 PM
    I use ITunes and sync to my 8S.

I really need the podcasts on my SD card because the 8S is limited and I couldn't find anything else that would do this. The native Windows application is completely broken.
    07-03-2013 10:08 PM
    Its funny I keep going back to Bringcast due to the fact that it is the only one that will allow me to download any podcast using cellular data.
    08-23-2013 07:35 AM
33 12