Interesting read about instagram

capedonut

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
That's pretty much what I've been thinking, I don't really understand why everyone seems sooo upset over WP8 lack of instagram app. It's for tween girls.
Especially with the new 720, this is exactly the group that Nokia is targeting, So no, I dont think they can just neglect instagram with its 100 milliion (?) users

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I can appreciate Google's stance as Microsoft is a direct competitor in every single space they occupy. So I see Google's tactics as strategic, albeit annoying.

But the CEO of Instagram hating Microsoft is pathetic. What kind of an idiot takes such a personal stance against a corporation that presumably hasn't personally wronged him? Not only that, but Microsoft has indirectly contributed to much of his success. If I had to guess, I'd say he's one of these guys who has an irrational love of everything Apple and with always comes the apparent need to hate everything Microsoft. I've encountered way too many of these kinds of people in the past.

Abdul Rahman Noor

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
That's pretty much what I've been thinking, I don't really understand why everyone seems sooo upset over WP8 lack of instagram app. It's for tween girls.

I agree - I couldn't care less for instagram myself but then I don't care about Facebook either.
The problem is, a lot of people seem to - more than one should choose to ignore if they want to grow their platform.

Alex_Hong

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Its just speculations by the writer, meaning "not to be taken seriously". I wouldn't exactly call it an article since it has no proof to the writer's claims (that Instagram hates MS), its more like a blog post, or a rant.

lmoritz

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I don't know about this article, but it is interesting that Nokia just launched a Windows Phone app called #2InstaWithLove intended to get Windows Phone users to show "Instagram just how passionate the Windows Phone community are". The app filters photos and gets you to promote them on social media, and they will be streamed on Nokia's site, 2instawithlove.com The app is in the Windows Phone store right now for Nokia users.

This looks to me like a marketing ploy to build momentum for an announcement of a Nokia-exclusive Instragram app coming SOON!

Last edited:

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Too bad rumors are saying WP8 only. I don't care about Instagram but I have a friend with a Lumia 900 that will highly disappointed.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I don't know about this article, but it is interesting that Nokia just launched a Windows Phone app called #2InstaWithLove intended to get Windows Phone users to show "Instagram just how passionate the Windows Phone community are". The app filters photos and gets you to promote them on social media, and they will be streamed on Nokia's site, 2instawithlove.com The app is in the Windows Phone store right now for Nokia users.

This looks to me like a marketing ploy to build momentum for an announcement of a Nokia-exclusive Instragram app coming SOON!

I tend to agree with that.

For a Nokia like company doing this kind of move seems very unusual, weird actually. I mean MS and Nokia must know exactly what's going behind the whole Instagram thing.

That said this paints two sides pic. Either this is a ad and teaser campaign of a short from Nokia (possibly exclusive Lumia Instagram) or instagram indeed has totally locked and have no plans to make the app.

Too bad rumors are saying WP8 only. I don't care about Instagram but I have a friend with a Lumia 900 that will highly disappointed.

I think the WP7.x deep down problems will limit it coming. Gallery integration and camera integration with the apps was very limited, if not non existent.

hamzie11

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
So whats the verdict
nokia tweeting instagram, releases an app related to instagram

is it all part of promotion or are things genuinely that bad

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo