Interesting read about instagram

hamzie11

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
But liquid daffodil tweeted to instagram saying theyll develop the app for free if instagram allowed it
makes me think insta isnt interested at all

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
At the end of the day I think of Instagram as a fad. As soon as something better comes along or they do not self-implode than people will leave in droves. From a business perspective; by isolating a potential user base due to arrogance (at least this is what it sounds like) self-implode seems to be the route they will take.

Phone Guy 4567

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Of course Instagram will eventually disappear, but a platform has to support what's popular right now. It's really not about Instagram but about a service which is available on iOS and Android but not on WP. The must have services will change over time, and a mobile OS has to be able to support them relativity quickly or they will become irrelevant IMO.

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Not sure it has anything to do with anyone 'hating' anyone.
Native Instagram App Is Not Coming to BlackBerry 10 - John Paczkowski and Mike Isaac - Mobile - AllThingsD

And doesn't Facebook own Instagram? Facebook just bought an online advertising platform, Atlas, from Microsoft. So maybe there's not too much hating going on. Too bad MS didn't negotiate an Instagram app for wp8 as part of that deal, there's a lost opportunity. Facebook snags Microsoft's Atlas to boost ad sales | Microsoft - CNET News

Facebook did, but when Facebook doesn't even have a Facebook app for WP, it doesn't give my confidence that they will bring Instagram over.

ChazTyldsley

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Of course Instagram will eventually disappear, but a platform has to support what's popular right now. It's really not about Instagram but about a service which is available on iOS and Android but not on WP. The must have services will change over time, and a mobile OS has to be able to support them relativity quickly or they will become irrelevant IMO.

This is exactly it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs