Foroplex, Tapatalk client for Windows Phone updated to 1.0.1.5

moledj

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Hello all.
I have done update 1.0.1.5 of Foroplex, unofficial Tapatalk client for Windows Phone.
You can download it here Foroplex | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
Feel free of test this applicacion and give feedback in support.foroplex.com.

The full changelog is:
  • First and the most important: The app is splited in two versions, one for WP7 devices and other for WP8 devices. By the way, the marketplace may deliver to you the version optimized to your phone so you don't have to take care about that.
  • In WP8 phones, added all resolutions included 720p so black bar must disappear.
  • Added more info of what is app doing in start screen, foroplex login screen, etc...
  • I have changed the font size of the app, text is a bit more big. (Configure the font isn't available for now because this is complex to all resolutions match)
  • The pagination now appears at top and bottom of the lists, and is part of the scrollviewer.
  • New feature: You can tap on pagination number (1/5), and the app will ask you what page to go.
  • New feature: You can tap on user icon and it will send you to user info page. there is user profile info and in the future there will be the PM stuff.
  • New feature: New forum info tab. For now it only have some info of forum.
  • New feature: Added post number to each post.
  • New feature only for WP8: Speech recognition in new post screen. Now you can dictate to the telephone your post.
  • Search topic fixed. Now it will work as expected. Also If search error occurred on server I display these info to you.
  • When navigating from pivot to pivot, the pivot only loads if is empty. If pivot already have info, you must use refresh button if you want these list refreshed.
  • Added screen rotation in built-in picture viewer (you can double tap on post image to view the image full screen)
  • Added screen rotation to new post.
  • Fixed thank, like and report post features.
  • Added space between post/topics in lists. This will allow better readability.
  • Added animation to tap action in lists except thread view.
  • New feature: Added in configuration "Go to first unread post". It works and send you to the page with last post unread. TODO: automatic scrolls to first unread post.
  • A lot of internal changes for windows 8 compatibility.
  • Bugfix: The app will revert from background without problems when exiting from app and opening again with back button.
  • Bugfix: cutted post when larger than 2028px.

nokiageek

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
A search option would be nice. I doubt if many people know to use the exact URLs to forums

The developer is awaiting permission from Tapatalk to access the forums database, they seem to be dragging there heels on this.

Fingers crossed they hurry up so the feature can be included

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 620 using Foroplex beta

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for creating and updating this app. I bought it and like it a lot.

My only question is where is the "thanks" and "likes"? I don't see it.

moledj

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for creating and updating this app. I bought it and like it a lot.

My only question is where is the "thanks" and "likes"? I don't see it.

thanks and likes are giving me some headaches. I hope in next version will be fixed
Sent from my Lumia 800 using Foroplex

sp8y

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Thought I would give this a try & ended up getting the paid version almost straight after the trial.

Very nice app & is the best forum app on this platform.

The only thing that I can see that's missing for me is a "subscribed forums" section (there's a "subscribed topics" section) that would help for forums like XDA that have loads of sub forums but I only want to see the forums I have subscribed to.

* edit - sorry just read the changelog & can see my following comment is already on the devs todo list - One more thing that would be good would be if when I opened a topic it went to the first unread post instead of just going to the top of the latest page. I can see that there's an option in the settings for this but it doesn't seem to work - that's just a small issue though.

Overall though I really like this & have already uninstalled Board Express Pro!

Last edited:

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Text size way to small, need to make it larger. Thanks and likes needed. I will reinstall and rate if fixed.
Sent from my {Nokia 822} using Board Express.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb