What's your Nokia Music Mix?

ultralight23

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I am loving my 822, all of its glory but especially its Music Mix and for FREE! I find it does a great job filtering through my picks...much better than Pandora.

Here's mine after a couple of weeks with my 822:

1- Pixies, H?sker D?, Social Distortion
2- The Black Keys
3- Coldplay, Spoon, Jack Johnson
4- Slipknot, Avenged Sevenfold, Tool

Anyways, what's your mix?

(hey mods, didn't know where to post for all Lumia users)

LeLee092

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
hmm maybe I can just mention it here since it kinda a dumb question, im trying to get my neighbor that has a 920 to use Nokia Music (i own an 8x so i dont have it :/) ...
At first I thought it was along the lines of Spotify, but i havent really figured it out, it keeps telling me to buy music
are the mix like pandora statios? if anyone can give me the 101 on it that'd be great

ultralight23

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Nokia music>Mix radio or Create mix>Make available offline (tap 3 dot settings, bottom right)

That's it.

Presently downloading the "New York" mix

Last edited:

hitchhiker90

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm with LeLee092 on the Nokia Music thing. I've learned how to download Nokia's mixes like EDM, dubstep, and celtic which really isn't all that celtic at all. Are you saying its possible that I can select music from their store so I can create my own mix and not do their pre-configured ones?

Jealy666

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
  1. Disturbed, Korn & Stone Sour
  2. Killswitch Engage, 36 Crazyfists & Bullet For My Valentine
  3. Manowar, Kamelot & Hammerfall
  4. Daft Punk, Deadmau5 & Swedish House Mafia

Anyone know if the custom mixes are available on the web version yet? When they are I'll be purchasing NM+.

BenTR

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Right now I've got

1. Ornette Coleman, Cecil Taylor

2. Wayne Shorter, Charlie Parker

3. J. S. Bach, Alfred Schnittke

I tried to set up a death metal mix, but Nokia Music did not have the bands I was looking for. I think I will try again, see if they have more.

Last edited:

ultralight23

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Nice jazz mixes, i'll have to look into some of you choices. You'd think Nokia, since Finland has the highest "death metal" bands per capita, could get their hands on some good stuff. (probably not true but swear I've heard this before)

JMBasquiat

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
1. Bob Dylan, Andrew Bird, Leonard Cohen
2. DJ Shadow, Kruder & Dorfmeister, Thievery Corporation
3. The Smiths, Morrissey, Joy Division
4. Don't have one yet.

Verkunder

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Are the premade mixes repeating for anyone? For example, I'll start the "dupstep" mix every other day or so and I'll hear basically the same thing each time.

JethroAtNokiaMusic

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I am Jethro, I work for Nokia Music and head up the team that makes the Nokia Music mixes.

My top mixes are
1. Jimi Hendrix, Cream, The Yardbirds - Classics
2. Ben Howard, Bon Iver, Ben Harper - Chilled
3. Rancid, Rise Against, Nirvana - Growing up and rocking out.
4. Rudimental, Major lazer, Little Dragon - Loving right now

Am happy to answer any questions, give advice and would welcome any suggestions for new mixes.

JethroAtNokiaMusic

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Are the premade mixes repeating for anyone? For example, I'll start the "dupstep" mix every other day or so and I'll hear basically the same thing each time.

Hey Verkunder, We look to add new tracks into the current mixes on a weekly basis, some of the classics/good tracks will stay there but new ones will get added. We refresh the content every Tuesday so i will check the Dubstep mix for you to make sure that it is sounding good. You should see a change tomorrow, if you have taken the mix offline then you will need to refresh the mix.

Verkunder

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Hey Verkunder, We look to add new tracks into the current mixes on a weekly basis, some of the classics/good tracks will stay there but new ones will get added. We refresh the content every Tuesday so i will check the Dubstep mix for you to make sure that it is sounding good. You should see a change tomorrow, if you have taken the mix offline then you will need to refresh the mix.

Thank you SO MUCH for this info. I've been listening to the dubstep mix for the last half hour or so and see what you mean about the "classics/good" tracks. Maybe they just lined up to where it made it seem like they weren't changing. Can't wait for Tuesdays, now!

JethroAtNokiaMusic

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Thank you SO MUCH for this info. I've been listening to the dubstep mix for the last half hour or so and see what you mean about the "classics/good" tracks. Maybe they just lined up to where it made it seem like they weren't changing. Can't wait for Tuesdays, now!

No worries dude, glad to help and we are always working to improve the mixes. If you can't wait until tomorrow and want a bit more Dubstep action then try a create mix using Skrillex, Flux Pavilion and Nero as seeds, this should give you a nice little mix of tunes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte