NotifyMe, wp8 (coming) ...

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I'd rather have a good Facebook app. I don't know why developers are even bothering with creating 3rd party notification systems. It needs an internet connection to work, and it needs developers of apps to opt in, which means it will be quite half-assed. Just wait for the official one from Microsoft.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I'd rather have a good Facebook app. I don't know why developers are even bothering with creating 3rd party notification systems. It needs an internet connection to work, and it needs developers of apps to opt in, which means it will be quite half-assed. Just wait for the official one from Microsoft.

Well, some people have no interest in making a 15th Facebook app. Some developers might also make this because they want it (or customers want it) right now, rather than waiting maybe 6-10 months for the necessary phone update.

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Well, some people have no interest in making a 15th Facebook app. Some developers might also make this because they want it (or customers want it) right now, rather than waiting maybe 6-10 months for the necessary phone update.
14 of those are wrappers around the mobile website. I'm talking about a proper app.

Gorki247

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Two problems with this app, as far as I'm concerned.

- Requires developers to opt-in. This will limit the usefulness and becomes worse when more of these apps start appearing; e.g. Unification
- Uses the lock screen wallpaper to display messages; unless this is optional, I won't be touching this app.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Two problems with this app, as far as I'm concerned.

- Requires developers to opt-in. This will limit the usefulness and becomes worse when more of these apps start appearing; e.g. Unification
- Uses the lock screen wallpaper to display messages; unless this is optional, I won't be touching this app.

I didn't read, just looked at the screenshot, but maybe those are toast notifications that disappear, or maybe you can turn that feature off? I would prefer to just have a live tile that I could access without the lockscreen notifications entirely.

nucmanchh

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
If u watch the video u'll learn that it does have settings for lock screen notification. Why wouldn't anyone who owns a windows 8 phone try this app? I mean please! what could it cost at most? $.99 - 2.99. Heck I waste that everyday on something. Evaluate it or buy it & use it until MS does provides an update including a Notification Center.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon