Maluuba - Siri for Windows Phone

anon(5579515)

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, just wondering if we could start a thread for the app 'Maluuba' that has recently been featured, and our experiences with it. In my opinion (HTC 8S), the experience is fantastic. Brilliant voice recognition, bearing in mind that I have a mixed West Midlands (UK) accent, and brilliant reminder/calendar function. I just hope that Microsoft can buy and integrate it, or the developers can get permission to link it into the OS. The latter seems far-fetched, so hopefully the former.

Rising Mos

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I would agree with you on the integration. I want the app to create outlook tasks, and wp alarm and not have its own things.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I would like to see a Siri-like experience added to WP. Maybe they should buy it and then feature it in Windows Phone Blue? Hey, maybe even update Windows 8 with it too, and the NextBox.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
This app is the best of its kind at the moment. I use it daily to get some info. Really well done, also waiting for integration
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Do you have to speak really loud for it to hear you? When I tried it amongst different devices in the AT&T store it got everything I said wrong. From my experience, TellMe is horrible at voice dictation and never really works well....

I was disappointed, as this was the type of natural language functionality I was waiting for in Windows Phone....

MacDaMachine

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Do you have to speak really loud for it to hear you? When I tried it amongst different devices in the AT&T store it got everything I said wrong. From my experience, TellMe is horrible at voice dictation and never really works well....
you don't have to talk loud. TellMe works really well. But voice dictation software always works for me no problems (tellme, siri, Kinect). My girlfriend can't get Kinect or tellme to work properly. Siri always messes up stuff, but sometimes nails it if she talks slow enough.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
So I just picked up a red 920, and my old 920 must've been a lemon, or the store units were bad because it's working good for me. Still not as good as my 4s, but way better than the experience I use to have with voice recognition on Windows Phone...

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I contacted them for that specific reason and this is what they said, "Also, we've had users ask about the home button activation already so it's on our to-do list. We're going to investigate and see when we can incorporate that feature as well."

Hopefully well be using it through the home button soon.

TheXFather

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
so does anybody know if this app is up for eu ? cause i can't find it in the store.

also tried manual install it says:unsupported on the sd card.

anon(5579515)

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
so does anybody know if this app is up for eu ? cause i can't find it in the store.

also tried manual install it says:unsupported on the sd card.

If by EU you mean Europe, I would think so...

The UK is part of Europe by store definition, right? Or is the UK store completely separate from the others? I'm not entirely sure myself...

anon(5579515)

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I would like to see a Siri-like experience added to WP. Maybe they should buy it and then feature it in Windows Phone Blue? Hey, maybe even update Windows 8 with it too, and the NextBox.

If they did this, it would give Microsoft a solid standing point with competitors. It could be what they need, actually. Hell, we all know how excited people got over Siri, and that hasn't fully been integrated into the Apple TV or Mac yet, so buying this for the 'Nextbox', Windows 8 (Blue or 9), and Windows Phone 8 (again, blue or 9) would be excellent!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss