Question about Debit/Credit Card on WP8

windev

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
So, I just moved to somewhere in Asia from the UK just last month. I purchased my Lumia 920 there (Clove) and as such, all my accounts are tied to UK region. That means that even though I am not in Europe anymore, my phone is still showing me apps list for UK region and I still get to benefit from services released on certain countries like the UK (Nokia Music+ comes to mind). Further, the MS App Marketplace still shows ? and not the local currency here.

However, my Barclays debit card was cloned (possibly) when I was still in the UK and my card details was (probably) sold to someone in South Korea as there were two fraudulent transactions amounting to ?520 that took place there. With this being said, I reported the incident to Barclays and they were very accommodating and within 24 hours, the money that was taken from me was returned but my card has been blocked to prevent fraudulent transactions from happening again since the criminals already have a copy of my card. Barclays sent me a new card at home in the UK.

Now, I am thinking of opening an account at CitiBank or HSBC (international banks) and would like to use it to purchase apps and subscribe to NM+ on my Lumia 920 but my question is, the address for the credit/debit card will be here but all my accounts are addressed in the UK. So, will this be a problem?

damuffinman

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the exact (well, similar) opposite situation with you - got my device from Hong Kong when I went home, back in London to work. I just updated my region and language to the UK settings, and now I can't see any of the apps from the Hong Kong region.

Try updating the regional settings on your phone - the accounts should follow. Not sure about payment though, although you can set that up with Paypal instead of a Credit/Debit card.

windev

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply.

Here's the thing, I want to keep the region to UK as I want to benefit from services/apps released in the UK.

I do not know who to contact. Should I contact MS or Nokia for this?

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply.

Here's the thing, I want to keep the region to UK as I want to benefit from services/apps released in the UK.

I do not know who to contact. Should I contact MS or Nokia for this?

Try adding your card to your account through Xbox.com or Microsoft.com. Then try on your phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven