Blocking SMS

arsenur

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I am using Nokia Lumia 800 with windows phone 7.8, so far i am totally satisfied of all the things can do this phone except one thing which is the unanswered question "How to block an SMS". It is interesting why till now nobody developed such an application. While you can find it in OVI Store for Symbian 40/60 os phones, and with the same success you can find it for blackberry 10 and For android systems. Is it very hard for windows phone to create an application where you can block all the messages that are coming from people out of your contact list ?
Perhaps many of you asks the same question, unfortunately such app does not exist till this day, till someone takes the initiative and do, I would do it if I knew programming. Shall I start learning :unhappysweat:?

Last edited:

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I would like to see this implemented for my 920 as well as a native call blocker too. It's the easiest way to stop nuisance telemarketing calls and texts.

Reui

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
It's not about indie developers slacking but the lack of access to such api isn't entirely possible yet. I would be coding it the time it hits the sdk.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I would rather have call blocking than SMS blocking. I get more nuisance calls than texts. When I used BlackBerry, I had a call blocking app that would pick up and hang up on nuisance callers; they couldn't get to my voicemail.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire