Apps update themselves automatically?

jshorts

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Hey Guys. I just want to say that I love this forum and it's the reason I eventually made the switch from 6 years of iOS.

I used to get app updates automatically until I had to hard reset my phone when all my live tiles stopped working. Ever since then, I never received notices of app updates, even though I would see new versions were available on this site.

Early last week, my phone (HTC 8X Tmobile USA) notified me of a phone update. I updated and still have no idea what the changes were. However, still no app updates.

Last night, I became tired of waiting and decided to manually update some of the apps. For example, I know the Amazon and HERE Transit apps had an update since my last one. So I went to them in the app store, and it would not let me update. I thought this was strange. I went to the apps themselves and it looks like I already had the newest version installed, even though I never updated them.

One thing I did different yesterday afternoon, however, was send a new app to my phone from windowsphone.com. I am not sure if this had anything to do with that, but I guess it is possible. Has anyone else had this happen to them or am I crazy here?

Thanks!

hoosiers7120

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
You might have to do a hard reset. When I update my Lumia 800, I had the same issue but after hard resetting the problem was fixed. You can also try doing a soft reset and see if that helps or not.

jshorts

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I wasn't referring to not getting updates. I was referring to having my apps update automatically themselves to the latest version.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss