The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
05-30-2014 07:27 PM
3,811 ... 1011121314 ...
tools
    I ask to my friends to install the Line. It's not difficult.

When Whatsapp was released was so.
    06-11-2013 11:10 PM
    I want to buy a windows phone 8 as soon as possible, but I simply won't get one if WhatsApp is not working properly. The only reason I have for owning a smartphone is web browsing and WhatsApp. As soon as the update lands on WP8 And WhatsApp is working like it should, I'm buying a nokia lumia. If the update takes to long or simply doesn't fix the issues, I'm buying something else.
    06-12-2013 07:09 AM
    So weird... normally I always have issues when other people don't but my Whatsapp is running very OK! Not supa dupa smooth but it actually is working quite well... No crashes, good notifications (9/10 times), sending & receiving pictures..

Don't want to rub it in somebody's nose but my whatsapp is working ok, just to let you know ;)
    Last edited by Patty Bee; 06-12-2013 at 09:57 AM.
    anadi1984 likes this.
    06-12-2013 07:13 AM
    I want to buy a windows phone 8 as soon as possible, but I simply won't get one if WhatsApp is not working properly. The only reason I have for owning a smartphone is web browsing and WhatsApp. As soon as the update lands on WP8 And WhatsApp is working like it should, I'm buying a nokia lumia. If the update takes to long or simply doesn't fix the issues, I'm buying something else.
    Yes, the wp7/8 whatsapp app misses some features and it can be slow at times but it's not nearly as broken as people make it out to be, and then you get the wrong impression because you can't test it out yourself, I'm not saying it doesn't need an update (I CAN'T WAIT) but you shouldn't skip wp because whatsapp has some bugs... (wich are getting fixed very very soon!)
    anadi1984 and TheDrypa like this.
    06-12-2013 07:50 AM
    WhatsApp works just fine, notifications and all. About the only major thing it's missing from other platforms (and the new update should correct this), is sending previously recorded video to your contacts.

As for your "If it doesn't work I'm buying someone else", I'm sure there's a collective yawn out of almost everyone here.
    TheDrypa likes this.
    06-12-2013 08:19 AM
    Well, yes, It works, but there are minor bugs that annoys me. I'm sure it wouldn't annoy a person that pays less attention to details.
    06-12-2013 09:13 AM
    I'm so tired of turn off phone cause whatsapp hangs in green screen.... grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    06-12-2013 12:13 PM
    I'm so tired of turn off phone cause whatsapp hangs in green screen.... grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    You turn off your phone then? Are you serious? Just press the Windows button and start WhatsApp again...
    06-12-2013 01:43 PM
    You turn off your phone then? Are you serious? Just press the Windows button and start WhatsApp again...
    Sometimes it doesn't work, the app just stay in the green screen
    06-12-2013 07:00 PM
    Download and Use 'Stop music' app when Whats App freezes. There are free as well as paid versions available. Am using free version and it works perfectly fine. It resumes Whats app without any fuss.
    Andd likes this.
    06-12-2013 10:37 PM
    whatsapp gave me lot of problems on blackberry also during earlier versions...laggy performance, battery drain, random freezes etc.

it also gave me lot of problem on android during earlier versions.

hopefully update should fix it.

problems i have faced with latest version of WhatsApp on WP8:
    - repeat ghost toast notifications..2-3 days later from same contact
    - green screen...the chat list never opens and have to press windows button again and again 2-3 times.
    - resuming takes too long..this is an instant messaging app and even my outlook on pc opens faster i think.
    - lacks background and other features found on iOS etc.

some good things about WhatsApp on WP8:

- the full size tile shows message preview so i know what they sent without them knowing i read their message ..very useful when chatting with girls..lol
    - best looking whatsapp version compared to any smartphone OS
    - fluid typing once the app has loaded and scrolling is smooth
    rikipy likes this.
    06-14-2013 04:18 AM
    This thread makes my expectation high ,
    I really hope the next version is gonna deliver the goods, my hopes are high for this , as the Whatsapp app makes my phone overheat more than playing games..

is there any word on a date for the new version ?
    06-15-2013 03:10 PM
    yes expectations are very high ;) No idea when it's going to be released :(
    06-15-2013 03:35 PM
    where the videos shared on whatsApp goes other than contact info>media? where to find those videos on phone? :( its really annoying on my Lumia 820 as i need d videos but eats my phone memory :(
    06-16-2013 12:25 AM
    where the videos shared on whatsApp goes other than contact info>media? where to find those videos on phone? :( its really annoying on my Lumia 820 as i need d videos but eats my phone memory :(

they are in sandboxed storage folder from the app...

for now the only way to get them out is to send them to other devices ( android,iphone or bluestacks)..

Sent from my GT-I8750 using Tapatalk
    06-16-2013 01:16 AM
    Hi, I am planning to buy windows 8 phone. I want to ask a few questions about whatsapp. Please answer me :)

1. Can the whatsapp set background?
    2. Can the whatsapp display profile picture or change profile picture or change group picture, etc?
    3. Is there any delay in sending or receiving messages?
    4. Can youtube video be shared on whatsapp?
    06-16-2013 10:15 AM
    Hi, I am planning to buy windows 8 phone. I want to ask a few questions about whatsapp. Please answer me :)

2. Can the whatsapp display profile picture or change profile picture or change group picture, etc?
    1. yes
    2. yes
    3. frequently, this version of whatsapp seems very signal sensitive, mine doesnt work on edge
    4. not sure what you mean here
    06-16-2013 11:49 AM
    1. yes
    2. yes
    3. frequently, this version of whatsapp seems very signal sensitive, mine doesnt work on edge
    4. not sure what you mean here
    3. I live in Switzerland and frequently use whatsapp on trains, I never had any trouble with messages being delayed or whatever despite frequent losses of signal, tunnels, mountains ...
    06-16-2013 12:54 PM
    For question 4, what i meant was when i am watching youtube video on the phone and wish to share the video link to whatsapp. is that possible? example, youtube link can be shared on facebook but can it shared on whatsapp chat too?
    06-16-2013 11:25 PM

06-16-2013 11:27 PM

1. No , not yet.
    2. Yes , be it display picture (tap settings > swipe left > tap photo) or group picture (go to group > group info > tap image)
    3. No, feels quite snappy once the app has launched.
    4. You can share "links" of youtube videos , and can receive videos from other users and even forward them , but can not upload a locally saved video and send it. However , you can capture a video through the app to send it.
    06-17-2013 04:15 AM
    3. I live in Switzerland and frequently use whatsapp on trains, I never had any trouble with messages being delayed or whatever despite frequent losses of signal, tunnels, mountains ...
    mmm well I'm in south africa, our 3g/lte network is VERY mature - only edge in few places, but my messages often get delayed
    wouldnt want to deter anyone from getting wp8, its a great o/s - its just whatsapp thats VERY poorly developed on this platform
    waiting eagerly for an update
    06-17-2013 04:54 AM
    Well, when i face this problem, I just go and play some random video from my playlist that too hardly for a sec. And than it starts working... Don't really know the logic behind this... Yes, but it works.:p ;)
    06-17-2013 05:20 AM
    Has anyone heard any rumour about that June update of Whatsapp? Only place I read that was in Daniel's news post.
    iboypx likes this.
    06-17-2013 10:23 AM
    Has anyone heard any rumour about that June update of Whatsapp? Only place I read that was in Daniel's news post.
    It's only speculation cause beta testers recently got a Little update only with minor bugfixes.
    06-17-2013 12:36 PM
3,811 ... 1011121314 ...