05-30-2014 07:27 PM
3,811 ... 140141142143144 ...
tools
    WhatsApp can't force me to leave WP in any way. WhatsApp does not make this ecosystem and they should clearly understand that there are other IM apps and doing much much better than what they have to offer. Its just the matter of contacts, nothing else. I am pretty sure, if I ask my kith and kins to download another messaging app for me, they will do it. WhatsApp MUST NOT take us for granted!!
    Jordano likes this.
    05-27-2014 01:03 PM
    WhatsApp can't force me to leave WP in any way. WhatsApp does not make this ecosystem and they should clearly understand that there are other IM apps and doing much much better than what they have to offer. Its just the matter of contacts, nothing else. I am pretty sure, if I ask my kith and kins to download another messaging app for me, they will do it. WhatsApp MUST NOT take us for granted!!

With all that said, I wish WhatsApp was still available on Store and I would have rated it just 1 star. They don't deserve our gratitude anymore.
    05-27-2014 01:08 PM
    Nowadays you will get WhatsApp in a phone which will cost around ₹1000 ie $17 off contract.. Guess it is Symbian based phone with MP3 and FM radio.. So using WhatsApp as a standalone phone is not that expensive if you are having problem with the app in WP..
    Jordano likes this.
    05-27-2014 01:14 PM
    So I emailed that whatsapp employee, you guys are not going to believe what he said.
    He said and I quote "The underlying OS is ****" I'll post the screenshot asap
    05-27-2014 01:36 PM
    no troll. actually emailed this dude and got that reply. Either he is an employee or I got trolled. No idea.
    05-27-2014 01:50 PM
    Well, we have his name, so why not report somewhere??

Someone from customer support, or at least someone who deals with custoners should not be talking like that at least...

Although it is not true, there are many ways to tell an OS is bad, if you really hate it for some reason... But we all know WP is not a bad OS..
    05-27-2014 01:51 PM
    Attachment 67619
    Check this out. He calls windows phone ****.
    OMG! I mean what the hell? Im getting doubts that he's an employee of WhatsApp because im sure that the employees themselves would not say such things! But if he seriously is an employee,its just sad. VERY VERY SAD! And dissapointing too :(
    manny_i_am likes this.
    05-27-2014 01:51 PM
    Well, we have his name, so why not report somewhere??

Someone from customer support, or at least someone who deals with custoners should not be talking like that at least...

Although it is not true, there are many ways to tell an OS is bad, if you really hate it for some reason... But we all know WP is not a bad OS..
    Yes exactly. We should do that! As u said,people from the customer support have absolutely no right to say such things! But I have my own doubts. He may also just be a troll.
    05-27-2014 01:53 PM
    Jan Koum is the CEO and co-founder of Whatsapp. He's not going to send emails like that so its clearly a troll.
    05-27-2014 01:54 PM
    no troll. actually emailed this dude and got that reply. Either he is an employee or I got trolled. No idea.
    Yes,even I'm getting the same doubts. He may just turn out to be a troll. I mean im sure that an employee of WhatsApp wouldn't say such things. But if he is seriously an employee we all should report about him.
    05-27-2014 01:54 PM
    Jan Koum is the CEO and co-founder of Whatsapp. He's not going to send emails like that so its clearly a troll.
    Hmm yes ur right. Im seriously sick and tired of these trolls. Just wish WhatsApp would republish the updated version of the app already.
    05-27-2014 01:57 PM
    I would rather leave WhatsApp than leaving windows phone. For me, going to Android is just winning the battle and losing the war. I will gain WhatsApp and lose many things such as battery life, simplicity, and many more. What's the gain in having WhatsApp and not having battery.
    Don't get me wrong here, I much prefer WP to Android, but your just plain wrong. I'm currently using a Sony Xperia Z2 with a 3000 mah battery. I get 7 hours of screen time.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App
    05-27-2014 01:58 PM
    of course not, we are living one of the disadvantages of WP, one that is completly separate of how good or bad the software is. We basically are not enough people to concern a 20 billion company. Thats sad and probably I will put more weight to this fact the next time I buy something.

I am also not completly satisfied with MS response, I think that, although is not their fault, they could be a little more influent than us and put some leverage over WS. At least from our point of view, it seems they dont care a lot.
    anon(5969054) likes this.
    05-27-2014 02:04 PM
    of course not, we are living one of the disadvantages of WP, one that is completly separate of how good or bad the software is. We basically are not enough people to concern a 20 billion company. Thats sad and probably I will put more weight to this fact the next time I buy something.

I am also not completly satisfied with MS response, I think that, although is not their fault, they could be a little more influent than us and put some leverage over WS. At least from our point of view, it seems they dont care a lot.
    I don't think Microsoft really needs to help WhatsApp. Ok, it's an important app nowadays, but all bugs were caused by the WhatsApp team; other messaging apps doesn't share the same incompetence. Seems to me that would be a waste of Microsoft's resources - developers, roughly speaking - if the they were given to WA. That's not the case, at least not entirely...

I might be diverging from your comment, but in general the situation is highly laughable. Bugs happen, we get it, but this...this is epic. A real tragedy. But it's a shame for WA, definitely, and it's lack of effort and competence to solve some bugs.
    05-27-2014 02:33 PM
    I think MS should act because of the customers who are stuck with a new phone, without one of the more popular apps nowadays, and a lot of them with the possibility to turn it back and go for another option. I wasn't talking about MS offering help as charity to WA, but because this can seriously can hurt the OS.

Yes, this is epic, WA is very incompetent or simply don't care. In both scenarios we are screwed.
    anadi1984, ghaikal and Jordano like this.
    05-27-2014 02:49 PM
    I think MS should act because of the customers
    In both scenarios we are screwed.
    Not only screwed.........
    Its simply fraud.
    If you bought it, you should be able to download it or get a refund.
    they should atleast offer a satisfying alternative or compensation.
    People pay in good trust money for a service they dont get................anymore.
    So who is going to lit the fuse for a civil lawsuit ;-)
    Its only 0,99 cents, but keep in mind, how many 0.99 cents do they already have earned?????????
    easy money for a service they dont deliver.

It sounds a little over the top, i know.
    But hell you paid for a service, and they made a commitment...........no matter how you look at it, its a contract
    and they violate it.

They not only violate the paying users, but also MS by giving a bad name ( they used MS services to make money for there premium app ).
    There are laws who protect people against those kind of things.
    Its not about the App, its just about the principal.

Whatsapp is bouth by Facebook ( and they made a solem promise that there should be no changes ), so Facebook should also take there responsibility

So mount the horses and lit the tourches............. let the crusaid begin

I am going to get me a pint and some popcorn and watch how this forumthread evolves after my piece of mind about the Whatsapp scame :-)

05-27-2014 05:51 PM
    its a contract
    and they violate it
    No, they don't violate it. They can remove an app from the store and even remotely delete an app from your phone if they want (which happened recently with one app) - it's in the contract. You're at their mercy, you don't own any apps.
    05-27-2014 05:57 PM
    Hey, if anyone would send it, it would be him! :)
    05-27-2014 06:00 PM
    No, they don't violate it. They can remove an app from the store and even remotely delete an app from your phone if they want (which happened recently with one app) - it's in the contract. You're at their mercy, you don't own any apps.
    Depents on witch country you are in.
    Not al laws are the same.
    05-27-2014 06:32 PM
    MS sucks from hardcore ! WP will die in a year if they will be same like this! They just don't care about their customers. Now its been 11 days to fix a app! They should be ashamed of doing all this! This is my first and last retarded windows phone ! Lumia 925, this phone also sucks like them, battery get 20% in 4 hours, I have to charge my phone thrice a day! windows phone dont have apps, and yes they're right where they tell to make a switch! So yes m making a swtich to iOS!
    patrikmore likes this.
    05-27-2014 07:07 PM
    Man, am I starting to lose it!

I have a Lumia 822 with Whatsapp already in it, no problems, perfect notifications. A week ago I bought an HTC 8X which I'm dying to use as my main device. I need WhatsApp for work and now I have to leave my new $200 paperweight at home. 😠
    05-27-2014 07:09 PM
    @ Dedracer
    What does that have to do with Whatsapp?
    Whatsapp and MS stands appart, Whatsapp/Facebook should repair the damage not Microsoft.
    I wish you a lot of luck with IOS

From an other forumthread you posted that it was great............

My Lumia 925 is still facing the problem of battery drain. I guess its the WhatsApp who is draining all the battery from my phone! Yesterday I did hard reset and didn't installed WhatsApp just to checkout how battery goes without WhatsApp! Guys it was so awesome..i charged my phone to 100% at 2:40 am and at 12 noon it was at 90% and then installed WhatsApp to check out if drain is there or not..after installing same problem occurred so my,guess is WhatsApp is using our all battery like a beast not the OS!
    05-27-2014 07:16 PM
    How did you install whatsapp after hard reset ?!
    05-27-2014 07:18 PM
    This lack of What's App has made me realize how little I need the app. Skype, FB and email cover all my needs perfectly. Also, all my What's App contact are also in the other apps, so I don't really have an issue with its dismiss.
    05-27-2014 07:28 PM
    This lack of What's App has made me realize how little I need the app. Skype, FB and email cover all my needs perfectly. Also, all my What's App contact are also in the other apps, so I don't really have an issue with its dismiss.
    I do not agree. I would rather switch to another phone than switch to another chat. All my friend, family, etc.. do not have windows phone. It's me to adapt !
    MS should cooperate, because I'm seriously thinking let my Nokia 1020 for sale.
    05-27-2014 07:58 PM
3,811 ... 140141142143144 ...