WhatsApp Questions and Answers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lumiauser

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm so tired of turn off phone cause whatsapp hangs in green screen.... grrrrrrrrrrrrrr:unhappysweat:

Download and Use 'Stop music' app when Whats App freezes. There are free as well as paid versions available. Am using free version and it works perfectly fine. It resumes Whats app without any fuss.

wayne310

May 13, 2013
Visit site
whatsapp gave me lot of problems on blackberry also during earlier versions...laggy performance, battery drain, random freezes etc.

it also gave me lot of problem on android during earlier versions.

hopefully update should fix it.

problems i have faced with latest version of WhatsApp on WP8:
- repeat ghost toast notifications..2-3 days later from same contact
- green screen...the chat list never opens and have to press windows button again and again 2-3 times.
- resuming takes too long..this is an instant messaging app and even my outlook on pc opens faster i think.
- lacks background and other features found on iOS etc.

some good things about WhatsApp on WP8:

- the full size tile shows message preview so i know what they sent without them knowing i read their message ..very useful when chatting with girls..lol
- best looking whatsapp version compared to any smartphone OS
- fluid typing once the app has loaded and scrolling is smooth

Idan Cohen

May 4, 2013
Visit site
This thread makes my expectation high ,
I really hope the next version is gonna deliver the goods, my hopes are high for this , as the Whatsapp app makes my phone overheat more than playing games..

is there any word on a date for the new version ?

Sholan77

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
where the videos shared on whatsApp goes other than contact info>media? where to find those videos on phone? :( its really annoying on my Lumia 820 as i need d videos but eats my phone memory :(

tooly26

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
where the videos shared on whatsApp goes other than contact info>media? where to find those videos on phone? :( its really annoying on my Lumia 820 as i need d videos but eats my phone memory :(

they are in sandboxed storage folder from the app...

for now the only way to get them out is to send them to other devices ( android,iphone or bluestacks)..

Sent from my GT-I8750 using Tapatalk

Yizhimei

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I am planning to buy windows 8 phone. I want to ask a few questions about whatsapp. Please answer me :)

1. Can the whatsapp set background?
2. Can the whatsapp display profile picture or change profile picture or change group picture, etc?
3. Is there any delay in sending or receiving messages?
4. Can youtube video be shared on whatsapp?

kevinrk

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I am planning to buy windows 8 phone. I want to ask a few questions about whatsapp. Please answer me :)

2. Can the whatsapp display profile picture or change profile picture or change group picture, etc?

1. yes
2. yes
3. frequently, this version of whatsapp seems very signal sensitive, mine doesnt work on edge
4. not sure what you mean here

Tomanband

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
1. yes
2. yes
3. frequently, this version of whatsapp seems very signal sensitive, mine doesnt work on edge
4. not sure what you mean here

3. I live in Switzerland and frequently use whatsapp on trains, I never had any trouble with messages being delayed or whatever despite frequent losses of signal, tunnels, mountains ...

Yizhimei

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
For question 4, what i meant was when i am watching youtube video on the phone and wish to share the video link to whatsapp. is that possible? example, youtube link can be shared on facebook but can it shared on whatsapp chat too?

Yizhimei

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site

Divjot Singh

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site

1. No , not yet.
2. Yes , be it display picture (tap settings > swipe left > tap photo) or group picture (go to group > group info > tap image)
3. No, feels quite snappy once the app has launched.
4. You can share "links" of youtube videos , and can receive videos from other users and even forward them , but can not upload a locally saved video and send it. However , you can capture a video through the app to send it.

kevinrk

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
3. I live in Switzerland and frequently use whatsapp on trains, I never had any trouble with messages being delayed or whatever despite frequent losses of signal, tunnels, mountains ...
mmm well I'm in south africa, our 3g/lte network is VERY mature - only edge in few places, but my messages often get delayed
wouldnt want to deter anyone from getting wp8, its a great o/s - its just whatsapp thats VERY poorly developed on this platform
waiting eagerly for an update

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Well, when i face this problem, I just go and play some random video from my playlist that too hardly for a sec. And than it starts working... Don't really know the logic behind this... Yes, but it works.:p ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99