05-30-2014 07:27 PM
3,811 ... 2021222324 ...
tools
    if everyone's having problems with the notifications maybe there's more to it then just whatsapp??
    07-09-2013 08:55 AM
    Since a week, I have massive problems without notifications. It was always a bit unstable, but now it never shows up or 1 hour later. Or just at a random time.
    Same thing happening to me here in Ireland for the past week. I was just trying ouy the new viber and it seems that their update today is working really well, I might switch over to viber as most of my friends use this too :-D
    07-09-2013 08:59 AM
    if everyone's having problems with the notifications maybe there's more to it then just whatsapp??
    The new viber update is working great
    07-09-2013 09:02 AM
    Nokia announced Oggl Hippstamatic during the 925 announcement and its still not yet available...
    so dont think that if nokia announces an update for whatsapp during the press tomorrow it will be out soon :P
    07-09-2013 09:20 AM
    Viber and Skype have been updated today, hopefully Whatsapp follow suit!
    iboypx and Hpo Niks like this.
    07-09-2013 09:32 AM
    hmm I don't seem to be having the notifications problems. I get messages right away from my friends without delay. Maybe it's a network issue?
    07-09-2013 11:14 AM
    hmm I don't seem to be having the notifications problems. I get messages right away from my friends without delay. Maybe it's a network issue?
    I really don't think so. Same on both 3g and Wifi. I also know more than 3-4 people all using a windows phone and getting the same problems.
    07-09-2013 11:23 AM
    Delayed Notifications and Ghost notifications are annoying me since 2 days.
    Random message counts will show on the live tile when no message has been received.

Live notifications done even show. Have to go into the app and wait 2-3 seconds many times after which the messages seem to be received.

Is there ANY way to stop the delayed notifications ? Its getting TOO annoying to handle.
    07-09-2013 11:32 AM
    Even Beta testers complain about notfification delays :( Sorry to burst your bubbles, guys :(
    07-09-2013 11:40 AM
    My notifications work fine.

My only problem with whatsapp is the streaming audio api...

Oh, and the emoticons ;)
    07-09-2013 11:42 AM
    Even Beta testers complain about notfification delays :( Sorry to burst your bubbles, guys :(
    Correct. See quotation below from beta tester

"And no, an update to the current version would bring no improvement notifications..."
    07-09-2013 11:44 AM
    any time is update for whatsapp??
    07-09-2013 12:03 PM
    Whatsapp has disappeared from my store if I browse for it, used to be the top free app. Can only find it now if I search for it. I feel the update is incoming.

Notifications should be way better seeing as they are dropping the audio API for a proper background agent.
    07-09-2013 12:38 PM
    O,o

Whatsapp has disappeared from my store if I browse for it, used to be the top free app. Can only find it now if I search for it. I feel the update is incoming.

Notifications should be way better seeing as they are dropping the audio API for a proper background agent.
    07-09-2013 12:43 PM
    its still available on my store..

btw today viber got updated and its notifications shows only when i click the app, i asked viber ceo on twitter that plz fix it, and he answered that its microsofts fault and they are tring to solve it.. so maybe microsoft is having major server problem right now ...
    07-09-2013 12:51 PM

btw today viber got updated and its notifications shows only when i click the app, i asked viber ceo on twitter that plz fix it, and he answered that its microsofts fault and they are tring to solve it.. so maybe microsoft is having major server problem right now ...
    I totally agree that is kind of Microsoft problem since not only WhatsApp is suffering with this chaotic notification system. I have had issues with Viber and Skype (both was updated today but I couldn't see any improvments in notification). To put it simple: only email and text mesage notifications work properly in my windows phone.
    07-09-2013 01:12 PM
    I totally agree that is kind of Microsoft problem since not only WhatsApp is suffering with this chaotic notification system. I have had issues with Viber and Skype (both was updated today but I couldn't see any improvments in notification). To put it simple: only email and text mesage notifications work properly in my windows phone.
    notifications for Viber and Skype always worked well for me. But Whatsapp notifications are a mess.
    07-09-2013 01:21 PM
    I asked Whatsapp about Windows phone update, they replied today with this...
    Hi,
    Thanks for your message.
    We appreciate your feedback, but we do not have an update yet available for Windows Phone. However our developers are working hard on providing you with a high quality update soon. Unfortunately, we cannot comment on specifics or give timelines, but do know that we are working on a Windows Phone update.
    If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us. We would be happy to help!
    Jami T.
    WhatsApp Support Team
    07-09-2013 01:24 PM
    If they really need more time, they better bring out something Worth.
    07-09-2013 01:40 PM

If you browse the store or search for it?

I asked Whatsapp about Windows phone update, they replied today with this...
    Hi,
    Thanks for your message.
    We appreciate your feedback, but we do not have an update yet available for Windows Phone. However our developers are working hard on providing you with a high quality update soon. Unfortunately, we cannot comment on specifics or give timelines, but do know that we are working on a Windows Phone update.
    If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us. We would be happy to help!
    Jami T.
    WhatsApp Support Team
    Standard copy paste reply you will get until the update is released.
    07-09-2013 01:43 PM
    Strange because I have a hard time with notifications since I bought WP 2 weeks ago...
    07-09-2013 01:53 PM
    What that means? No incoming update?
    07-09-2013 02:47 PM
    Correct. See quotation below from beta tester

"And no, an update to the current version would bring no improvement notifications..."
    You made me cry... :(
    07-09-2013 03:24 PM
    What that means? No incoming update?
    Yes the update is still coming.
    07-09-2013 03:54 PM
    Yes the update is still coming.
    In few days, I think and hope.
    07-09-2013 04:08 PM
3,811 ... 2021222324 ...