The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
05-30-2014 07:27 PM
3,811 ... 2122232425 ...
tools
    Voxer was also updated today, no changelog but it's a really cool alternative to whatsapp. The only issues with this app are that sending images doesn't work very well and you can't send videos; and sometimes the tile count gets stuck on one notification, but it's no big deal, they may have fixed these issues today.
    07-09-2013 04:35 PM
    My notifications work fine.

My only problem with whatsapp is the streaming audio api...

Oh, and the emoticons ;)
    My notifications are inconsistent, sometimes I get them sometimes I have to open the app.

Also, with regards to emoticons, did they remove them or just moved them somewhere else, because I can't find them.
    07-10-2013 04:05 AM
    Whatsapp is taking up lots of memory (235mb). Why is that? and how do I fix it?
    07-10-2013 04:31 AM
    It's all your conversations and pics/vids/etc. attached to them. Deleting conversations will reduce the amount of space it uses.
    07-10-2013 04:44 AM
    May be too many undeleted conversations with saved media (pictures, audio, etc)? How about trying to delete them.
    07-10-2013 04:45 AM
    Correct. See quotation below from beta tester

"And no, an update to the current version would bring no improvement notifications..."
    Where do you guys talk to these beta-testers, they are not on this forum right?
    07-10-2013 06:55 AM
    Where do you guys talk to these beta-testers, they are not on this forum right?
    We're in a secret place

Users are reporting that as of yesterday evening, notifications push notifications have started working better. Can anyone here attest to this?

Maybe Microsoft has fixed the service on their end?
    07-10-2013 08:00 AM
    WhatsApp not having any issues now ๐Ÿ˜„
    07-10-2013 08:25 AM
    Notifications issue started as soon as i typed last message. ๐Ÿ˜ˆ
    07-10-2013 08:57 AM
    We're in a secret place

Users are reporting that as of yesterday evening, notifications push notifications have started working better. Can anyone here attest to this?

Lol the place is called Twitter :P
    07-10-2013 09:25 AM
    We're in a secret place

I thought it was a Whatsapp server problem...
    Well, by the way, we need the same a new version of the app. Not the best out there compared to the alternatives.
    07-10-2013 09:40 AM
    Lol the place is called Twitter :P
    Where on Twitter?
    07-10-2013 09:40 AM
    I thought it was a Whatsapp server problem...
    Well, by the way, we need the same a new version of the app. Not the best out there compared to the alternatives.
    No. It's a Microsoft problem
    07-10-2013 09:45 AM
    No. It's a Microsoft problem
    Why the rest of the apps work pretty fine? Twitter, Facebook, Integrated facebook and twitter notifications, Skype, Viber,Line, Email work like a charm.
    So Whatsapp it's not thinking about releasing an update(?).
    I mean the app still uses the music control bug and doesn't have a proper background agent.There are often problems recording and sending videos plus the app often blocks or crash while resuming...
    Last edited by nonsonobiondo; 07-10-2013 at 11:12 AM.
    07-10-2013 10:55 AM
    for sure they are taking their sweet time to release the update...
    fantakk likes this.
    07-10-2013 11:12 AM
    It's not so clear if they're going to release it soon. Beta is out since 2 months.
    07-10-2013 11:23 AM
    Why the rest of the apps work pretty fine? Twitter, Facebook, Integrated facebook and twitter notifications, Skype, Viber,Line, Email work like a charm.
    So Whatsapp it's not thinking about releasing an update(?).
    I mean the app still uses the music control bug and doesn't have a proper background agent.There are often problems recording and sending videos plus the app often blocks or crash while resuming...
    Actually viber and skype doesnt work well too, dont know about others.. I asked vibers ceo on twitter on tuesday that vibers notifications doesnt come, and when i open app then only masseges comes and asked them to fix it, ceo answered that its microsofts fault and they are trying to solve it as soon as possible.
    07-10-2013 11:25 AM
    Actually viber and skype doesnt work well too, dont know about others.. I asked vibers ceo on twitter on tuesday that vibers notifications doesnt come, and when i open app then only masseges comes and asked them to fix it, ceo answered that its microsofts fault and they are trying to solve it as soon as possible.
    You tried last updated version?
    07-10-2013 11:37 AM
    Skype, Viber, Line do not work well at all. Including issues with notifications. Yes some have indicated the problem maybe with the MPNS (Microsoft push notification server) but it seems to be occuring mostly with third party apps. Facebook is built by MS people themselves (probably outsourced however) whereas Skype is it's own separate division.

Beta has been out for 3 months actually which I think is the maximum period allowed by the store. Either a release is imminent or there will be another Beta back in the store (private beta though). Expect to hear something tomorrow at Nokias event
    07-10-2013 12:26 PM
    Not a clue of what is happening. By the way, I don't think there will be any news at the Nokia's event, tomorrow.
    07-10-2013 12:51 PM
    You tried last updated version?
    yeah, actually the problem came after i updated that app, after that i asked vibers ceo on twitter

i know they will not be any news about whatsapp tommorow on nokia event but i have hope for it.. on lumia 925 they showed some apps so lets hope they will showcase this time too some apps and updated whatsapp since they have been working with them (rumours)
    07-10-2013 12:52 PM
    yeah, actually the problem came after i updated that app, after that i asked vibers ceo on twitter

i know they will not be any news about whatsapp tommorow on nokia event but i have hope for it.. on lumia 925 they showed some apps so lets hope they will showcase this time too some apps and updated whatsapp since they have been working with them (rumours)
    Strange, maybe Whatsapp is not going to release this update because it won't solve anything. But it would be a shame still having this problem during the presentation of a new product.
    07-10-2013 01:04 PM
    I am not sure if music API used by whatsapp is main factor that my battery drained quickly. But one thing for sure, i just want my whatsapp upgraded to 2.10
    07-10-2013 01:13 PM
    where i can find beta testers?? they need to show us some pics of updated version, and some thoughts about its working/notifications etc
    07-10-2013 01:16 PM
    I am not sure if music API used by whatsapp is main factor that my battery drained quickly. But one thing for sure, i just want my whatsapp upgraded to 2.10
    I think is crazy notifications and freezes during resume. They release it even for Nokia Asha and BlackBerry. Windows Phone Whatsapp developer is a former engineer in Google Mobile ...
    Last edited by nonsonobiondo; 07-10-2013 at 01:39 PM.
    07-10-2013 01:21 PM
3,811 ... 2122232425 ...