WhatsApp Questions and Answers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(6183039)

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
its still available on my store..

btw today viber got updated and its notifications shows only when i click the app, i asked viber ceo on twitter that plz fix it, and he answered that its microsofts fault and they are tring to solve it.. so maybe microsoft is having major server problem right now ...

I totally agree that is kind of Microsoft problem since not only WhatsApp is suffering with this chaotic notification system. I have had issues with Viber and Skype (both was updated today but I couldn't see any improvments in notification). To put it simple: only email and text mesage notifications work properly in my windows phone.

Kevyn Degia

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I totally agree that is kind of Microsoft problem since not only WhatsApp is suffering with this chaotic notification system. I have had issues with Viber and Skype (both was updated today but I couldn't see any improvments in notification). To put it simple: only email and text mesage notifications work properly in my windows phone.
notifications for Viber and Skype always worked well for me. But Whatsapp notifications are a mess.

paramsingh

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I asked Whatsapp about Windows phone update, they replied today with this...
Hi,
Thanks for your message.
We appreciate your feedback, but we do not have an update yet available for Windows Phone. However our developers are working hard on providing you with a high quality update soon. Unfortunately, we cannot comment on specifics or give timelines, but do know that we are working on a Windows Phone update.
If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us. We would be happy to help!
Jami T.
WhatsApp Support Team

Memitim

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
its still available on my store..

btw today viber got updated and its notifications shows only when i click the app, i asked viber ceo on twitter that plz fix it, and he answered that its microsofts fault and they are tring to solve it.. so maybe microsoft is having major server problem right now ...

If you browse the store or search for it?

I asked Whatsapp about Windows phone update, they replied today with this...
Hi,
Thanks for your message.
We appreciate your feedback, but we do not have an update yet available for Windows Phone. However our developers are working hard on providing you with a high quality update soon. Unfortunately, we cannot comment on specifics or give timelines, but do know that we are working on a Windows Phone update.
If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us. We would be happy to help!
Jami T.
WhatsApp Support Team

Standard copy paste reply you will get until the update is released.

anon(5725119)

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Voxer was also updated today, no changelog but it's a really cool alternative to whatsapp. The only issues with this app are that sending images doesn't work very well and you can't send videos; and sometimes the tile count gets stuck on one notification, but it's no big deal, they may have fixed these issues today.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
My notifications work fine.

My only problem with whatsapp is the streaming audio api...

Oh, and the emoticons ;)

My notifications are inconsistent, sometimes I get them sometimes I have to open the app.

Also, with regards to emoticons, did they remove them or just moved them somewhere else, because I can't find them.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Where do you guys talk to these beta-testers, they are not on this forum right?

We're in a secret place :smile:

Users are reporting that as of yesterday evening, notifications push notifications have started working better. Can anyone here attest to this?

Maybe Microsoft has fixed the service on their end?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)