05-30-2014 07:27 PM
3,811 ... 2728293031 ...
tools
    Yes, that was the first thing that I checked, and it is not blocked. Anyhow, I uninstalled and reinstalled, and am now receiving notifications, albeit sometimes with a slight delay.
    good to hear - it hasn't been widely documented, but there have actually been TWO updates in the last 48 hours to the whatsapp app - as well as their notification servers being improved/fixed. So yeah, it makes sense - perhaps when you reinstalled you inadvertently got the new version and now it's working.
    07-14-2013 05:40 AM
    Im happy to say that there isn't much of battery drain now and phone doesn't heat up while chatting. Yay!
    07-14-2013 05:57 AM
    Battery doesn't drain much when closed (or background, because it's always on) but when I'm chatting the battery drains fast and my phone heats up! More than before this update! Not a real problem but it is kinda weird. I also heard others about this.
    07-14-2013 07:15 AM
    Battery doesn't drain much when closed (or background, because it's always on) but when I'm chatting the battery drains fast and my phone heats up! More than before this update! Not a real problem but it is kinda weird. I also heard others about this.
    Same here with Ativ S.
    07-14-2013 12:17 PM
    anyone else find response times while typing is a bit laggy?
    07-14-2013 01:22 PM
    To reward Whatsapp for finally updating the app I was going to purchase the app (as I noticed the app is only free for 1 year, but I have the $25 app store credit for my Lumia 928, which I've heard expires in September, so I thought I would use some of it up on Whatsapp), but when I went to purchase it, it took me to an external website. Why can't I purchase it via the official app store? Surely by taking us to external websites for payment Whatsapp must be breaking some time of terms of agreement with Microsoft, no?
    07-14-2013 01:46 PM
    I solved different way for delayed notifications:
    -Turn off location servises
    -Turn off "find my phone"
    restart your phone. And it works :)
    07-14-2013 01:52 PM
    To reward Whatsapp for finally updating the app I was going to purchase the app (as I noticed the app is only free for 1 year, but I have the $25 app store credit for my Lumia 928, which I've heard expires in September, so I thought I would use some of it up on Whatsapp), but when I went to purchase it, it took me to an external website. Why can't I purchase it via the official app store? Surely by taking us to external websites for payment Whatsapp must be breaking some time of terms of agreement with Microsoft, no?
    You buy a lifetime subscription to WhatsApp, so no matter which phone you use it on in future as long as you keep the same number your subscription will be valid.
    07-14-2013 02:22 PM
    Last time my subscription was to expire in 2012, but they extended to 2013 and this time around same thing happened. I think it'll be unlimited. Only ios need to pay i guess?
    07-14-2013 02:36 PM
    The audio api is back on my whatsapp v2.10.491. It wasn't yesterday when I updated but for some strange reason it's back. Has anyone else noticed this?? (I have a HTC 8x so it's not because I'm running WP7.x)
    Edit: It seems to have gone now but I'm still confused as to why it briefly returned.
    Saw it today on my 920 as well. restarted phone and havent seen it since..
    07-14-2013 05:21 PM
    Big problem happen most the time when close whatsapp it gives a message that there is a problem with the notification system and you need to restart the phone... The real problem is that most of the times after the message appear i cant open most if not all any other app (tile or from the app list)... Restart needed to fix it... This is the biggest bug i have ever encountered in windows phone... By the way im using lumia 925 with Amber update....
    birdmb likes this.
    07-14-2013 06:33 PM
    Big problem happen most the time when close whatsapp it gives a message that there is a problem with the notification system and you need to restart the phone... The real problem is that most of the times after the message appear i cant open most if not all any other app (tile or from the app list)... Restart needed to fix it... This is the biggest bug i have ever encountered in windows phone... By the way im using lumia 925 with Amber update....
    This has happened to me twice since the update.
    07-14-2013 07:01 PM
    I'm happy for the update.. Working good so far..

A toast for Nokia/Microsoft and Whatsapp-for-WP developer..

Now, I'm thinking about buying a 720 for my wife..
    07-14-2013 09:27 PM
    anyone else find response times while typing is a bit laggy?
    I started to have this problem as well. Usually I resolve it by closing it and reopen whatsapp again. Regardless of this I still find this new update sooooo much better than the previous one. And I can finally say I don't feel annoyed when I use whatsapp on my 920...
    07-14-2013 10:15 PM
    I am having problems with the muted group. !! The tile does not update when there is a unread conversation in the muted group ..
    07-15-2013 04:58 AM
    Reinstall, mine works fine on battery saver
    Thanks, I reinstalled but still getting this issue. It doesnt happen always(on battery saver) so its sort of OK for now. Will mail WhatsApp support to let them know about the issue.
    07-15-2013 05:02 AM
    Have you tried reinstalling?
    07-15-2013 05:13 AM
    Methinks my battery life just shot up after this update. Really pleased with the improved performance and fast resume. Maybe now Whatsapp can focus on improving the bells & whistles...
    07-15-2013 05:20 AM
    Anyone notice that it cannot load more than 500 (estimation) messages?

In my case, I have a conversation group.
    After a long time didn't open whatsapp, the notification in the app shows that I have 512 unread messages in that conversation group.
    So I tried to scroll up to view the old unread messages.
    After at certain point of scrolling up, the app close by itself as if it cannot load the old message.

Anyone having this problem?
    07-15-2013 05:41 AM
    This has happened to me twice since the update.
    Has happened to me too ! The only fix seems to be a restart. I am not sure but I guess each time it happened , it was when the battery saver was on , but like I said I am not really sure about it. Funny how an app can affect the System!
    07-15-2013 05:43 AM
    thank you!
    Hi sueha...!

Whatsapp is working GREAT!!! No complains about it, thanks Whatsapp team, we can't lose WP users...!
    07-15-2013 06:53 AM
    Has happened to me too ! The only fix seems to be a restart. I am not sure but I guess each time it happened , it was when the battery saver was on , but like I said I am not really sure about it. Funny how an app can affect the System!
    I think it happens when you had a network connection when you opened the app but lost connection when in the app and you tried to exit with no connection. In such a case, it seems to give this error message. This happens during battery saver mode. This also happened to me once when my wifi got switched off when I was in the app and I tried exiting the app. Just my hunch, not sure if this is correct.
    borasar likes this.
    07-15-2013 07:45 AM
    Cant Open any App issue is their for me too.
    happened twice but did not notice why it happened.
    need to bring this to whats app support,

also, the battery discharge is awesome if the app is not open
    but when you chat with some one it drains and uses a lot of juice, like more than the previous version.
    07-15-2013 08:20 AM
    I think it happens when you had a network connection when you opened the app but lost connection when in the app and you tried to exit with no connection. In such a case, it seems to give this error message. This happens during battery saver mode. This also happened to me once when my wifi got switched off when I was in the app and I tried exiting the app. Just my hunch, not sure if this is correct.
    It seems to happen when the app is open and battery saver is on and you get the notification from whatsapp that your phone is in battery saver mode etc blah blah

This is a major problem. Whatsapp needs to get this fixed.
    07-15-2013 09:35 AM
    Have you tried reinstalling?
    i will reinstall ang give feedback
    07-15-2013 10:01 AM
3,811 ... 2728293031 ...