05-30-2014 07:27 PM
3,811 ... 3435363738 ...
tools
    Nokia Lumia 620. Italy. Whatsapp 2.10.523 removed, rebooted the phone reinstalled the app without restoring backup.
    In the options I switched to NO "Show me notifications" . Then I closed the app and waited about a min, opened again Whatsapp and now notifications seem to work well.
    I don't know if it is a workaround, just telling my experience.
    Absolute legend. Thanks man. I didn't uninstall though. I just turned of that setting and bam, I'm getting not only notifications on time, but the messages come through on time and are not madly delayed.
    07-27-2013 11:55 AM
    Hey beta testers, is there any new beta versions? any new features? improvements?
    the most important does the battery life improved? and what about the message that tells about the notification is not working? it always appear to me.....
    kokola95 likes this.
    07-27-2013 05:33 PM
    i have a whatsapp that doesn't show links ... the links show as normal text (not clickable) i have galaxy s4
    07-28-2013 03:26 AM
    Absolute legend! Works perfectly now. Love it. Thanks! Btw if you have some trouble on notifications on skype too, turn off "messenger messages" and keep the "skype messages" on from the notifications settings. I tried and skype is now faster. I know this is not the right place but as we are talking about notifications , I just want to inform you...
    Nokia Lumia 620. Italy. Whatsapp 2.10.523 removed, rebooted the phone reinstalled the app without restoring backup.
    In the options I switched to NO "Show me notifications" . Then I closed the app and waited about a min, opened again Whatsapp and now notifications seem to work well.
    I don't know if it is a workaround, just telling my experience.
    wonderwhy likes this.
    07-28-2013 04:15 AM
    I am using Lumia 520...why when i looking for old messages, whatsapp aplication always loading for 2/3 second...whatsapp on android work perfect without no need to loading while looking for old messaages....sorry for my bad engrish...
    07-28-2013 05:40 AM
    Amazingly without having to uninstall, change settings reboot phone or any of the above solutions Whatsapp has been working great since yesterday. I'm sure this is the same for the vast majority of users who where having notification problem...
    07-28-2013 06:31 AM
    How do I block somebody in the contact list ?
    07-28-2013 06:35 AM
    for me too whatsapp has been working like dream since yesterday, i really really hope that it stays this way.. plz whatsapp do not be broken anymore, love uu
    07-28-2013 06:38 AM
    Amazingly without having to uninstall, change settings reboot phone or any of the above solutions Whatsapp has been working great since yesterday. I'm sure this is the same for the vast majority of users who where having notification problem...
    not just whatsapp, the Facebook notifications (Like Me tile and messages) are working great for the past 2-3 days. I think MS fixed their push notification servers (or whatever MS calls it).
    07-28-2013 08:08 AM
    hi everyone, i read through this thread twice first. I have a HTC 8X, when someone messages me on whatsapp, theres a notification on the lock screen which shows the name of the person and part of their message. I don't want it to show the name of the person, instead either just a number or a nickname which I put for that person. Is this possible??
    07-28-2013 09:37 AM
    still unreliable here
    07-28-2013 09:42 AM
    Has anyone noticed your phone getting exceptionally (top region above the camera) in a group convo with around 20+ participants? this is the first time i've noticed it and the battery drain was mental.
    Even when the group is inactive i.e at night when everyone is sleeping - it just plummets even when the app is closed but background agent is allowed to run.

Also Whatsapp needs to either enable a option to disable notifications for the active group convo... its bloody insane getting so many notifications, its like my phone is having a epileptic fit, stroke and cardiac arrest at the same time!
    07-28-2013 12:17 PM
    Has anyone noticed your phone getting exceptionally (top region above the camera) in a group convo with around 20+ participants? this is the first time i've noticed it and the battery drain was mental.
    Even when the group is inactive i.e at night when everyone is sleeping - it just plummets even when the app is closed but background agent is allowed to run.

Also Whatsapp needs to either enable a option to disable notifications for the active group convo... its bloody insane getting so many notifications, its like my phone is having a epileptic fit, stroke and cardiac arrest at the same time!
    Not sure what you mean by active group but you can mute notifications for groups by going into group info. Btw i haven't experienced any heating issues w/ a group chat having 35 members
    07-28-2013 12:44 PM
    Where is the show me notifications option, i only see "show message in notifications" option under settings.
    07-28-2013 02:37 PM
    Please help me!
    I have Lumia 720 and I am not getting notification of WhatsApp Messages!!
    P.S.:- Setting is already on of notifications in WhatsApp..
    & How can I see the message counter(Number of Message received & sent) on WhatsApp?
    07-28-2013 03:35 PM
    hi everyone, i read through this thread twice first. I have a HTC 8X, when someone messages me on whatsapp, theres a notification on the lock screen which shows the name of the person and part of their message. I don't want it to show the name of the person, instead either just a number or a nickname which I put for that person. Is this possible??

i would like an answer to that as well, just want a msg counter don't need.the name.etc poping up all the time possible?

Sent from my RM-893_nam_tmous_201 using Tapatalk
    07-28-2013 08:47 PM
    I just found out the cause of the notification problem. It's the official facebook app! try uninstalling it and live without it for a day. You will notice that the "reboot" phone message will not appear any more.
    After 2 days without any error, I re-installed facebook, and the error came back. So bye-bye facebook app for now.
    07-28-2013 10:17 PM
    How do I block somebody in the contact list ?
    You can't block a contact who is already in your contacts list. If someone who is not there in your contacts list messages you then you can block them.
    07-28-2013 10:50 PM
    In whatsapp settings turn off 'show message in notification'
    07-29-2013 12:48 AM
    Originally Posted by sision How do I block somebody in the contact list ?

You can't block a contact who is already in your contacts list. If someone who is not there in your contacts list messages you then you can block them.
    You can block any of your contacts in WhatsApp by going to Settings>Blocked Contacts (yes, click on it)>Add the contact by tapping on the '+' in the app bar.
    sision likes this.
    07-29-2013 01:43 AM
    Please help me!
    I have Lumia 720 and I am not getting notification of WhatsApp Messages!!
    P.S.:- Setting is already on of notifications in WhatsApp..
    & How can I see the message counter(Number of Message received & sent) on WhatsApp?
    Have you tried the whole uninstall, reinstall, reboot phone process then turn off "Show Message in Notification"? I only needed to turn off the setting, but it might be worth a try to do the whole thing.
    07-29-2013 04:14 AM
    Just wondering if its the same for Facebook Beta??

I just found out the cause of the notification problem. It's the official facebook app! try uninstalling it and live without it for a day. You will notice that the "reboot" phone message will not appear any more.
    After 2 days without any error, I re-installed facebook, and the error came back. So bye-bye facebook app for now.
    07-29-2013 05:06 AM
    In whatsapp settings turn off 'show message in notification'

that hides the msg body from the toast, how does one hide the entire toast when in lock screen....

Sent from my RM-893_nam_tmous_201 using Tapatalk
    07-29-2013 08:46 AM
    Few more small changes I've noticed:
    When I switch to the brighter background, whatsapp continues to have black as its background.
    Also, now the backup is taken everyday automatically. I have no choice in it. Previously if I didn't want to take back up it just sat there with an older back up date. Now it backsup every morning.
    Skynet is coming :P
    07-29-2013 09:09 AM
    Scratch that. White background working like a charm in whatsapp.
    07-29-2013 09:22 AM
3,811 ... 3435363738 ...