WhatsApp Questions and Answers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

stiflingcobra

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
New version is pants on my 820... Don't get notified of messages anymore... Get the annoying prompt there's something wrong with push blah blah blah.. Even though nothing is disabled and it worked fine in previous version...

Very dissapointed...

halamadridkimi

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
whatsapp has worked very well since that big update but today i wont get notifications at all, when i click whatsapp then it shows that there has been masseges :( , i rebooted the phone same problem, then i deleted and reinstalled but same problem .. plz help me, whatsapp is my main communiting thing..what to do to fix it? anyone had similar problem and fixed it?

antivirus

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
whatsapp has worked very well since that big update but today i wont get notifications at all, when i click whatsapp then it shows that there has been masseges :( , i rebooted the phone same problem, then i deleted and reinstalled but same problem .. plz help me, whatsapp is my main communiting thing..what to do to fix it? anyone had similar problem and fixed it?

Its a pain in the ***! Whatsapp has been working great, now the notifications are not working yet again! very annoying! I don't care if its whatsapps fault or Microsofts fault, just stop breaking it!!!

lumiauser

May 25, 2013
Visit site
With my L620, I have noticed that battery life was much better with initial 2 updates that we received ( I guess .491) Once I updated to .506, battery life has gone bad again (like in API days). And my usage has remained pretty much similar. Any body here has observed the same?

Julek

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I've also started having problems with notifications. It was all good yesterday. I wanted to reinstall the app but I see people had already done that and it didn't solve the issue. Guess we have to wait.

Last edited:

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
+1 on notifications issue. They've stopped coming through on 3G, 4G and WiFi. I need to open the app and they all flood in after 30-35 seconds.

Subserved_Meteor

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I got an issue after switching from wp7 to wp8 that I can't add contacts to whatsapp...even if they do have whatsapp and I have them in my people hub. I can even see their status.

I might have to add that I got a new phone number with the new phone too.
Anyone had this issue as well?

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Push notifications aren't working at all!! :angry:
Not sure if it is an issue with whatsapp or microsoft. But this SUCKS!!!!

check these settings: turn off battery saver and allow WiFi to run under lockscreen. Also allow background tasks for whatsapp. If you still dont get notifications, then its a problem.

stiflingcobra

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
check these settings: turn off battery saver and allow WiFi to run under lockscreen. Also allow background tasks for whatsapp. If you still dont get notifications, then its a problem.
Yup done al that and guess what it still don't work. No issues with any other toasts and notifications only Whatsapp has the problem so it's not a phone setting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa