WhatsApp Questions and Answers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

aimulaidni

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
One of my friends got a Lumia 520 a month back...recently she started facing some issues with whatsapp...the alert tone doesnt work anymore...any ideas as to what is going wrong?

Thanks in advance!

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Yep after the latest update suddenly Im not getting any alert tone. Please fix!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

lumiauser

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Going through everyone's posts and personal experience with my L620; looks like things were working fine with initial 2 updates that were released back to back. Whats app was working without any flaw. Battery life had improved by 20-30% as well but subsequent updates (.506 onwards) made things go bad. The same old notification issue and battery drain issue are back. Wondering why the hell did I update :angry:

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
One of my friends got a Lumia 520 a month back...recently she started facing some issues with whatsapp...the alert tone doesnt work anymore...any ideas as to what is going wrong?

Thanks in advance!

try this: Under settings > system > ringtones & sounds, tick the box for all other notifications.

ashwinsharma2100

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Still the same issues exist after the third update. After two updates it was working fine with no lag in receiving messages but it's back to the same issues. Can't understand the point of third update.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Yeah my notifications are broken again too. I have delayed alerts or I'll have to open the app to even get them. What happened to this app? It doesn't serve one of the basic functions anymore.

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
yeup, notifications not working for me today either, i was really hoping that after beta testing the s**t out of this for that long, they would have figured something out

antivirus

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Notifications down yet again. This makes whatsapp completely unreliable to use. The most annoying thing about the notification issue is that this has been happening for months with all the different messaging apps, viber, facebook chat, Skype, whatsapp, etc... It doesn't look like it will ever get fixed, this is the kind of **** that puts people of Windows Phone

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Is there any way to change the sound of the notifications? I hate the default one and would like to use my own. I'd also like to make it a sound only (not sound + vibration). I couldn't find a way to do this in either the WhatsApp settings or the phone settings.

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Is there any way to change the sound of the notifications? I hate the default one and would like to use my own. I'd also like to make it a sound only (not sound + vibration). I couldn't find a way to do this in either the WhatsApp settings or the phone settings.

No you can't. In fact you can't change sound and vibration for any single app, therefore whatsapp neither. That's why you couldn't find it of course, it doesn't exist. I also think this is really lame, the OS is not really customizable imo...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)