WhatsApp Questions and Answers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Me too, if i don't open the application i won't know that there is a new message, no notifications
I have paid for the application (annual sub). i wrote to the developer to no avail.

turn off battery saver, allow background task for whatsapp, if you are using a WiFi network then allow WiFi to run under lockscreen. Also, under ringtones and sounds, check the box for "all other notifications".

Soyeb Mullick

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
I dont know whether this has been asked.
1. Is there's any way to forward a message to various contacts at one go?
2. Can't we mark multiple chats to delete at once, instead of deleting them one-by-one?

Anup256j

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I am not sure somebody asked this question here before.

Whatsapp doesn't notify me when someone sends a message. I come to know only if I open the app. I faced this problem countless number of times. I used to switch off my cell phone and restart it then later watassp used to notify me. But since past two days even after restarting my phone whatsapp doesn't notify.

How to correct it.

njnbat

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site

Whatsapp doesn't notify me when someone sends a message. I come to know only if I open the app. I faced this problem countless number of times. I used to switch off my cell phone and restart it then later watassp used to notify me. But since past two days even after restarting my phone whatsapp doesn't notify.

How to correct it.

Can u try by reinstalling whatsapp. After reinstall please restart the phone too.

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site

How to correct it.

turn off battery saver, allow background task for whatsapp, if you are using a WiFi network then allow WiFi to run under lockscreen. Also, under ringtones and sounds, check the box for "all other notifications

JainPrateek

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Its not possible to attach and send already existing videos in my gallery. I can just forward videos which i have received or i have to shoot one from within whatsapp. Whatsapp for Android/iOS/Symbian allows to attach and forward videos from gallery.

Flavio76

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Its not possible to attach and send already existing videos in my gallery. I can just forward videos which i have received or i have to shoot one from within whatsapp. Whatsapp for Android/iOS/Symbian allows to attach and forward videos from gallery.

also allows to save the videos you receive and share by email or other forms.... in wp you can only share received videos do others in whatsapp( no saving and sharing other ways)

Aleksi Matkoski

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi! I got this problem about 3 weeks ago, and I sent this to WhatsApp support, but they haven't reply to me.

Short story: I restarted my phone, and went to WhatsApp before SIM-card got "registered" to network. I had the lifetime free-version of WhatsApp, because I downloaded it before it went "paid" in WP. But now, WhatsApp asked my number again and sent new code. Now it says that I have that 7? months free only. Sorry for my bad English, hope you will understand.

Charanya Kumar

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I am not able to send images at times,no support for sharing pre recorded videos,there shud me options for changing wallpapers in the whatsapp,the "auto save incoming pictures" feature doesn't work properly. The response is a bit slow. This is one of the widely used app so pls fix these bugs.

Anup256j

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
When will I be able to attach vdo's/audio files from my music video library. and send it to my friends.. This bug is irritating me a lot. My friends are using this low cost samsung/nokia (s60/40) cell phones and they are able to attach files. Why cant nokia wp8.

marcomura

May 28, 2013
Visit site
When will I be able to attach vdo's/audio files from my music video library. and send it to my friends.. This bug is irritating me a lot. My friends are using this low cost samsung/nokia (s60/40) cell phones and they are able to attach files. Why cant nokia wp8.
It's not a whatsapp bug... it's a windows phone limitation that doesn't expose the programming interface to do so. It's Microsoft's fault.

Anmol Koul

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Need help with Proxy setup:

Hi Guys,

IT guys at my workplace used some firewall and all and my whatsapp is not working now. I tried setting up the wifi proxies but that didnt work. Maybe they are filtering based on key word or stuff.. I dont know.. Either ways i couldnt get it to work. Can some one please help out with the proxies or tell me if it is even possible to access whatsapp? For your kind information, I can access gmail but not facebook. Thats all. PLEASE HELP :(

Memitim

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Need help with Proxy setup:

Hi Guys,

IT guys at my workplace used some firewall and all and my whatsapp is not working now. I tried setting up the wifi proxies but that didnt work. Maybe they are filtering based on key word or stuff.. I dont know.. Either ways i couldnt get it to work. Can some one please help out with the proxies or tell me if it is even possible to access whatsapp? For your kind information, I can access gmail but not facebook. Thats all. PLEASE HELP :(

That depends on how knowledgeable your IT guys are and what software/devices they are using to control internet access at your office.

Either way I don't recommend trying to bypass it as it's easy to spot and can get you into a lot of trouble.

Is Microsoft doing anything to correct this bug/limitations..?

Nothing has been officially announced by MS, but they should remove the restrictions in either GDR3 (Unlikely) or 8.1 (Probably)

Kimi Alin

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
That depends on how knowledgeable your IT guys are and what software/devices they are using to control internet access at your office.

Either way I don't recommend trying to bypass it as it's easy to spot and can get you into a lot of trouble.

Nothing has been officially announced by MS, but they should remove the restrictions in either GDR3 (Unlikely) or 8.1 (Probably)

I really hope that they will remove this ridiculous restriction in the next update (GDR3) It's so annoying that one cannot post videos to Facebook via WP or send videos in Whatsapp from phone itself

Games Goblin

May 26, 2013
Visit site
are whatsapp chats stored in whatsapp server? There is an option to backup chats - If I factory reset a 710 and re-install whatsapp will all the chat history come back?

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Sadly no. Its only useful when you want to re install thew ap. The chat logs area are stored in your phone not on cloud.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte