05-30-2014 07:27 PM
3,811 ... 6465666768 ...
tools
    While using WhatsApp, my phone drains 1%/minute.. is this normal? My phone has very good battery life otherwise
    I have tried letting Whatsapp/WeChat/Skype switched on (at idle, not using them) and off and don't seem to see any difference in battery life.

On a side note. Skype used to be terrible in receiving messages with message either not received by my phone or took hours or days for messages to arrive. But since an update last week, it has been very reliable in receiving messages. Having said that, Whatsapp messages usually arrived instantaneously and the longest delay on Skype now was may be 1 minute instead of hours/days previously.
    12-14-2013 06:56 PM
    Hello im having a problem with the connectivity well i downloaded and installed whatsapp succesfully and all was working well but then it started to not send or can not recive photos so i reinstalled the program and after typing my phone number again it says me "Could not connect to WhatsApp. Please check your network settings and try again later" well i tryed everything but it's still don't work if you can help me i will be really thankfull
    12-15-2013 06:13 AM
    Is whatsapp free ?? My account expired yesterday but im still chatting ?? O_O
    12-15-2013 07:47 AM
    Every time I take and send a photo, Whatsapp crashes

Anyone else getting this ?
    12-15-2013 10:31 AM
    Every time I take and send a photo, Whatsapp crashes

Anyone else getting this ?
    same here... but not everytime...its like crash, no, crash, no, crash...
    12-15-2013 11:40 AM
    Has anyone noticed when sending photos via whatsapp, the quality of the photo goes down the drain?? Whenever I send a photo from my 1020 (or even the 920 I had before) the recipient always received a compromised quality photo. Anybody experienced this?
    12-15-2013 06:41 PM
    ^^ that's how it works on other platforms as well, videos and photos both quality is reduced to reduce file transmit size
    12-15-2013 07:07 PM
    ^^ that's how it works on other platforms as well, videos and photos both quality is reduced to reduce file transmit size
    I don't think that is the case with whatsapp on IOS and android.
    12-15-2013 11:40 PM
    I don't think that is the case with whatsapp on IOS and android.
    Yes it is, I tested it now with Android and it also reduces the quality of the images when sent to reduce the size
    12-15-2013 11:47 PM
    Yes it is, I tested it now with Android and it also reduces the quality of the images when sent to reduce the size
    Both video and images are reduced in size !!!
    12-15-2013 11:54 PM
    Whatsapp should accept local payment such as pay with phone credit like windowsphone store did.
    In my country(Indonesia) there are a lot of people not using Paypal as primary nor secondary payment.

They want to use whatsapp but they don't know how to pay next year payment. It cause they are move to other "free" messenging eventhough they want still using whatsapp but like I said they don't know about paypal. I feel that because from (around) 60 of my friends, now just left 5 using whatsapp because the rest of them don't know how to purchase via paypal.

If whatsapp accept payment via local credit, even charge it $2 or $3, they (for sure) buy it. There are millions people using whatsapp in Indonesia but they don't know how to purchase it.
    So I hope Whatsapp can model what windowsphone store did.
    Last edited by rubenwidjaja; 12-16-2013 at 08:18 AM.
    12-16-2013 12:11 AM
    What window phone did for Indonesia?

Sent via tapatalk
    12-16-2013 01:10 AM
    Whatsapp should accept local payment such as pay with phone credit like windowsphone store did.
    In my country(Indonesia) there are a lot of people not using Paypal as primary nor secondary payment.

They want to use whatsapp but they don't know how to pay next year payment. It cause they are move to other "free" messenging eventhough they want still using whatsapp but like I said they don't know about paypal. I feel that because from (around) 60 of my friends, now just left 5 using whatsapp because the rest of them don't know how to purchase via paypal.

If whatsapp accept payment via local credit, even charge it $2 or $3, they (for sure) buy it. There are millions peoples using whatsapp in Indonesia but they don't know how to purchase it.
    So I hope Whatsapp can model what windowsphone store did.
    you don't have to pay anything to continue using whatsapp. The subscription renews itself automatically. So whatsapp is actually free.
    12-16-2013 05:28 AM
    you don't have to pay anything to continue using whatsapp. The subscription renews itself automatically. So whatsapp is actually free.
    no it isn't. My brother had to pay, and so did I. We are in different countries, using different OSs, so that didn't make a difference. We waited till the validity date, but it didn't renew. Besides, its only $1 a year, and considering how much we use it, its quite reasonable.
    12-16-2013 05:33 AM
    no it isn't. My brother had to pay, and so did I. We are in different countries, using different OSs, so that didn't make a difference. We waited till the validity date, but it didn't renew. Besides, its only $1 a year, and considering how much we use it, its quite reasonable.
    yeap the price is nothing to complain about, too cheap lol
    but the way to pay is the problem
    eventhough I know paypal is the universal payment in the world but in my country paypal not so popular
    hope they can do something about it or they will lost 20 million people in Indonesia :)

What window phone did for Indonesia?

Sent via tapatalk
    In Indonesia we can buy apps and games windowsphone via local phone credit, supported by 3 biggest networks provider. So no need credit card, debit card, no paypal, just a cash(via phone credits) :)
    12-16-2013 08:18 AM
    I bought a new phone but kept my old SIMCard and whatsapp renewed my 1 year free, I only had 1 month left on my 710, got another 1 year on my 520
    12-16-2013 10:13 AM
    strange, I never had to pay anything for using whatsapp! Neither anyone I know ever paid anything to use.
    12-16-2013 11:58 AM
    Whatsapp updated. Sending preloaded videos and multiple images and saving received videos enabled !!!!!!!!!
    12-17-2013 08:19 PM
    Guys,
    I don't know whether these issues have already been mentioned but anyway, here are the biggest issues I have with whatsapp:

1. When we scroll up to view old conversations, approximately after 10-13 messages it takes some time to load the messages.
    When this happens, all the messages get messed up. The links get messed up and tapping on a video will not open it, if you tap on some other message 2-3 messages up or down the video, it will open the video.
    Same problem with copying\forwarding, after it loads messages, copying/forwarding a message actually sends some other message.
    Its a very annoying issue.
    Hope you understood this, I tried my best to elucidate.

2.The other issue is, the ability to have all the conversations without them being deleted. Currently, whatsapp stores only around 500 messages for each contact/group and it is a hit and miss process going till the last message, the app frequently crashes while attempting the same. While my friends with android phones can scroll back to messages that are even a year old!

3. When you type a really long message, there is no way to scroll up to the beginning of the message to re-read/verify before sending the message.. You'll have to resort to means such as selecting text to go to the top again.

I don't understand why such trivial and utterly stupid issues exist and still persist even after the barrage of updates that we have received up until now.
    12-17-2013 08:42 PM
    i havent been able to send pre-recorded videos since the new update which enables that, i chose a video i already had that was about 100mb in my gallery, i selected it and it said too big, do you wish to send the first 16mb (limit) - i said yes, and it just stays not sent for 12 hours now, with a clock symbol on the post, the wireless is fine, perhaps its an issue
    12-18-2013 04:37 AM
    After update there is no video showing when choose albums.
    Why?

Point:- My videos were saved in memory card.
    12-18-2013 06:36 AM
    when reinstalling Im glad that my old messages got restored successfully, as well as the chat list(at time of the backup) to perfection. Good update but still bugs to be fixed like crash when scrolling through older conversations, pics not getting downloaded inspite of clicking, etc as others have pointed out here. I will be so glad if it can load all conversations in one instance like we can scroll up without having to wait for whatsapp to load older history. It might have to do with cache in WP. Background wallpaper will be a great addition in next update!! Also setting to save incoming videos/pics in memory card or in internal mem!!
    12-18-2013 08:02 AM
    For a couple of weeks now, the toast notifications from whatsapp have read: Message recieved from X, rather than X: Message here. Its annoying not being to see a snippet of the message, why has this happened and how can i fix it?
    12-18-2013 11:16 AM
    For a couple of weeks now, the toast notifications from whatsapp have read: Message recieved from X, rather than X: Message here. Its annoying not being to see a snippet of the message, why has this happened and how can i fix it?
    go to whatsapp > settings > turn on "show message in notification"
    12-18-2013 11:24 AM
    go to whatsapp > settings > turn on "show message in notification"
    Thanks man, no idea why that was turned off. is there anyway to see what my contacts have set their name as rather than what I've saved them as?
    12-18-2013 11:30 AM
3,811 ... 6465666768 ...