WhatsApp Questions and Answers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

michyboo64

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
A friend of mine has a lumia 820 and she downloaded WhatsApp yesterday, she doesn't have a sound to let her know she's got a message. How do you fix that?

rohit330

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Exactly the same...! :|

Bugs I found

-Very long messages are not shown fully, if i copy paste them in an email I can read all the text thats missing in the app
-When i go to xbox + music and tap on resume (the gray square) to resume my music player, it opens whatsapp
-Many a times I get '1' notification even when there are none or I have already read the message
-If I get a new message and I open whatsapp, the message isn't there but it vibrates and then shows the message as if it has arrived just now while it was there since the stone age
-At times it takes a lot of time to open the chat screen (list of people with whom chat is on)
-Messages show up even on lockscreen with a passcode, shouldn't be because the message may contain something meant for me.

Does this make wp8 suck?
Heck no, whatsapp is at fault not wp8, wp8 is the best OS you can get.

Andr3sfc

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
After checking out Android's Whatsapp, I only feel pre-historic and ancient using da Whatsapp for Windows.

I moved from Android to WP about a month ago. The WhatsApp for Android is miles ahead of ours when you consider reliability, functionality and interface.

Tomanband

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
I think it was beta that was in the market. We will probably get a 3.0 directly end of May or so.

my guess is early May, as in the pocketpc.ch forums the guy who is beta tester (and from whom we got most of the screenshots and infos) reported that he got very frequent beta updates so far, but he hasn't gotten a new one in days. His guess is that the current beta could either get relabeled 3.0 and released shortly or that they are working on a bigger beta version.

(in german) [Offizielle App] WhatsApp Seite 86 - Windows Phone 8 Apps - Windows Phone 8 Forum Post 1718 in response to Post 1717 ;)

Tomanband

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
my guess is early May, as in the pocketpc.ch forums the guy who is beta tester (and from whom we got most of the screenshots and infos) reported that he got very frequent beta updates so far, but he hasn't gotten a new one in days. His guess is that the current beta could either get relabeled 3.0 and released shortly or that they are working on a bigger beta version.

(in german) [Offizielle App] WhatsApp Seite 86 - Windows Phone 8 Apps - Windows Phone 8 Forum Post 1718 in response to Post 1717 ;)

another update from the beta tester:

Hatte heute morgen wieder ne Beta scheint jetzt doch etwas schneller zu starten. Und wenn man ganz lange texte schreibt sieht man den kompletten Text!

This means that he got another beta update this morning: it seems like this version starts (and resumes??) a bit faster than previous beta versions (which were already a lot faster than the current stable version according to older messages) and when you are typing a long message the whole text will be shown instead of the end only.

ah06

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
If you try to email a conversation from Whatsapp on WP, the full history is usually not emailed (if the history is longer than a couple of days, the exact limit was something less than 1000 lines) and it says message truncated by Windows Phone. Is this a WP issue or Whatsapp issue?

ah06

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I desperately wish they would just give us some or any update. I don't see the point of waiting for the *perfect* release when some improvements have already been made coz the app is desperately in need of so many fixes. I could understand if they had internal schedules and the app was updated like clockwork but that's not the case. Historically, they're updates have been very very random. Nothing for months, then suddenly 3 major updates within a week.

Just give us something, anything

ah06

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Ok, am emailing support@whatsapp.com. I suggest other members do the same. Usually emailing support is pointless for requests but here they *already* have a functioning and updated version with several improvements that they are not pushing out. It cannot possibly be for bug testing or stability coz the current one is a bug fest and crashes often, so anything with more features would be an improvement.

Its been over 2 months since it was updated and over a month since various sites reported seeing updated beta versions in the wild.

anon(5914335)

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
The current one has worked just fine for me. I'd prefer if they ignored you and continue testing it until they feel it's ready. No point releasing something that isn't ready.

Chen Vivi

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
i just installed whatsapp on my 8s, and it seem not able to show my contacts,(i previously owned an android phone).
No contact is showing under favorites, what should I do now ??

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
i just installed whatsapp on my 8s, and it seem not able to show my contacts,(i previously owned an android phone).
No contact is showing under favorites, what should I do now ??

Whatsapp > Settings > Contact/Favorites List, tap on that and it'll refresh the list.

claps

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
If you try to email a conversation from Whatsapp on WP, the full history is usually not emailed (if the history is longer than a couple of days, the exact limit was something less than 1000 lines) and it says message truncated by Windows Phone. Is this a WP issue or Whatsapp issue?

Wondering the same thing. This is an issue to me and would like to get it sorted!

Techno-Freak

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Are notifications working fine for you guys?
Since yesterday, I'm not getting push notifications for new messages on two of my Windows Phones (one WP8 and one WP 7.8).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720