WhatsApp Questions and Answers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

I_am_JK

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else noticing serious battery issues with Whatsapp on the 1020? It's killing my battery big time!

By this I was wondering if people could give me approximate figures on how long their phones last. I don't need general figures for just anyone I mean people who specifically run Whatsapp in the background as it's so important to me.

I originally started a thread with a message as below but the thread got ignorantly closed not realising that it's quite a niche request:

So I noticed that some people were getting issues with the battery I noticed the typical turn off this, this and this advice which although obvious makes a huge difference.

The problem I notice is that although we're told to turn off background apps, what about apps we NEED to leave on like Whatsapp? For me it's really essential for chatting in groups for work as well as socially. When I had the Lumia 800 ( amazing phone terrible camera) it barely bat an eyelid in the face of Whatsapp. With the 1020 I had a bit of a nightmare trying to work out what was murdering my battery. So soft reset, hard reset and another hard reset i started from scratch. At 47% battery I had SIXTEEN hours of battery left. BOOM. Lovely jubbly.

But then I installed Whatsapp. I'm not even joking - it said LESS THAN 1 HOUR remaining. Please don't tell me I'm the only one experiencing this and is Whatsapp gonna roll out a better update because without my phone works a dream but I really need it running in the background like the good 'ol lumia 800 days. If anyone else has some input for this that'd be great!

Thanks!
JK

Last edited:

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else noticing serious battery issues with Whatsapp on the 1020? It's killing my battery big time!

By this I was wondering if people could give me approximate figures on how long their phones last. I don't need general figures for just anyone I mean people who specifically run Whatsapp in the background as it's so important to me.

I originally started a thread with a message as below but the thread got ignorantly closed not realising that it's quite a niche request:

So I noticed that some people were getting issues with the battery I noticed the typical turn off this, this and this advice which although obvious makes a huge difference.

The problem I notice is that although we're told to turn off background apps, what about apps we NEED to leave on like Whatsapp? For me it's really essential for chatting in groups for work as well as socially. When I had the Lumia 800 ( amazing phone terrible camera) it barely bat an eyelid in the face of Whatsapp. With the 1020 I had a bit of a nightmare trying to work out what was murdering my battery. So soft reset, hard reset and another hard reset i started from scratch. At 47% battery I had SIXTEEN hours of battery left. BOOM. Lovely jubbly.

But then I installed Whatsapp. I'm not even joking - it said LESS THAN 1 HOUR remaining. Please don't tell me I'm the only one experiencing this and is Whatsapp gonna roll out a better update because without my phone works a dream but I really need it running in the background like the good 'ol lumia 800 days. If anyone else has some input for this that'd be great!

Thanks!
JK

Hi JK.. the thread may be closed because there already exist WhatsApp thread and Battery drain threads. the admins prefer you to post on existing threads rather than new ones..

You may be having tap to share turned on which drains battery. then the whatsapp or any app drains battery if Media files are shared over the Internet!!

camu

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I just installed whatsapp and saw that there were contacts added automatically to my favorites by whatsapp. Will they be able to see me even if they dont have my phone number in their contacts list?

Anup256j

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Unable to mute a group:

When I try to mute a group, whatsapp crashes.

I have uninstalled whatsapp and installed it. But no use..

Any solutions.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa