WhatsApp Questions and Answers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

halamadridkimi

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
New to WP, first post here.

Is it possible to change the notification sound on receiving a new message?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

With gdr3 Microsoft bringed an new api in where devs can add their own notification sounds but so far whatsapp team hasnt made that.. maybe in next updates it will come.

Till now only few apps has different notification sounds, like 6tag, my talking tom and sofascore

Sentient Golf Ball

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
From Top Windows Phone app certification failures and how to avoid them

App crashes

Requirement 5.1.2 - App closure. This requirement is simply to verify that your app doesn?t crash during certification testing. As you know, if your app crashes in release mode, it just goes away without any user prompt. Certification will reject your app if it ?unexpectedly terminates? during testing.

Do Microsoft just ignore this for Whatsapp? Or does testing not include scrolling chat history?

Detectionable

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Oh nice, just took a photo with Whatsapp and it completely rebooted the entire phone

Absolutely pathetic, gonna move to a different messenger, this is retarded

stevenfun

May 29, 2013
Visit site
My WhatsApp had stopped notification for weeks too, I have try many methods. This thread has given me lots of help.
Finally, I think I have found the solution. The reason behind was my 'Messaging' is always 'Not connected to chat', after getting some helps from the other thread: http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8/230929-8.htm , I have found solution for connecting to chat. After the 'Messaging' is connected to chat, the notification function for my WhatsApp had gone back to normal.
Hope above solution will help those who have lost the notification function for WhatsApp.
PS. I am leaving WhatsApp for 'LINE', which has more functions and more stable.

ca_guri

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday i uninstall the whatsapp due to heavy app data of around 400mb, but when i install it again after that i am facing problem regarding notifications. I am not getting notification from whatsapp, when i open The app, only then i am able to see the new messages, i also have enables the push notifications on in the settings of whatsapp, now i do not know why this problem occurs to me, i haven't face this kind of problem earlier... Can any one 1 help me on this problem......

Diego Angeli

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Is it possible (even in iOS or Android) to delete media within the app? First time I installed WhatsApp it was about 30 MB, now it has more than 250mb and is terrible for L925 stupid low capacity. Any fix rather than uninstaling and instaling again? This have previously caused loss of infos and messages in my case.

Takiiii

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Can any one edit whatsapp xap to have emoj display like massaging app ? I mean we use the emoj in keyboard intsed off original whatsapp emoji ?

iliramove

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Just to share my bit of experience here. Thought it'd be good to know.

If you happen to want to switch between two Windows Phone 8 with the same phone number (SIM), you can do a backup on the old WP8 first to backup your messages.

Once you've switch the same phone number to the new WP8, install Whatsapp, activate it, it could restore your messages from the old phone. I think the latest version will backup to Whatsapp servers now.

Anyone can try and confirm?

Sent from my RM-937_apac_sea_206 using Tapatalk

Wilsen Hernandez

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Is it possible (even in iOS or Android) to delete media within the app? First time I installed WhatsApp it was about 30 MB, now it has more than 250mb and is terrible for L925 stupid low capacity. Any fix rather than uninstaling and instaling again? This have previously caused loss of infos and messages in my case.

Maybe delete old messages or delete the whole conversation containing the media files.

vlad1337

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
With recent whatsapp updates I'm unable to disable automatically saving pictures. Anybody know anything about this?

Sent from my SM-P600 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Vipul Panchal1

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
Dear Sir,

I am using a nika lumia 520 from last 6 month..

everday i am getting problem with whats app...it is getting closed and come to main screen while i start to open some thing.

can anybody pls help me

cuwe

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
When will get the design like iOS and Android ? Built in messaging and facebook chat and whatsapp are the same design . It's just plain .

tcube

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I feel the current design for WhatsApp messages works well. Your messages take center stage. Also, it conserves battery for those phones with AMOLED screens. If they do introduce an option to add backgrounds to message view then there should be an option to go back to default unlike Viber which has only an ugly grey background.

cuwe

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I feel the current design for WhatsApp messages works well. Your messages take center stage. Also, it conserves battery for those phones with AMOLED screens. If they do introduce an option to add backgrounds to message view then there should be an option to go back to default unlike Viber which has only an ugly grey background.

I agreed with that too . But , at least give us an option .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre