05-30-2014 07:27 PM
3,811 ... 979899100101 ...
tools
    Temporarily, switched to hike messenger..

Its fsr better than whatsapp, don't know why hike is not that successful world wide.
    teckris likes this.
    04-28-2014 01:16 PM
    I guess you cannot Save it.
    That's the beauty of "WhatsApp" for Windows phone. :/
    Any possible headsup on the performance factor of the new rumored update? Aesthetically it seems amazing! What about the crashes and lack of functionality? :/
    04-28-2014 01:33 PM
    WhatsApp sucks on WP 8.1 no notification's you have open app to check for new messages....
    04-28-2014 01:42 PM
    If you are having notification problem just try this...

I never faced any notification problem in WP 7.5/7.8/8/8.1 in whatsapp public as well as private beta version but last week when the music app update came my battery was very low but i started to update the music app and was using whatsapp simultaneously and the phone go switched off.

I charged the phone and updated the music app after powering it back but the notification for whatsapp stopped and sometimes it came late and i never faced this issue in last 2 yrs.. other than hard reset i did everything but nothing seems to work and notification didnt come properly..

I was using whatsapp private beta app and i wanted to check whether in public version notification was coming and installed that app also in the phone. Beta app was running in the background and i opened the public app and signed in and went back to the Beta app and it got signed out and asked me to verify the account again and i verified the account in beta app again and notification started to work as usual without any delays.

I know most of you wont be using beta app but try to do with some other phone. Open your whatsapp app in WP and sign in with your number in some other phone and the whatsapp in your windows phone will sign out and ask you to verify the account.. verify it again and check whether notification is proper.. it worked for me so it might solve your problem if you are lucky..
    Just happened to read your post. If it's not to much to ask for and if it's not hurting your privacy norms, can you give us all a possible insight with the beta version you are using? We've all heard a ton of rumors about a new version of WhatsApp being under development and word has it that it'll be on par with iOS and Android versions (touchwood). So just asking if that is what you are on to with or is it something different and if at all, what is it bring itself with?? :)
    04-28-2014 01:53 PM
    Hello, can somebody tell me whats happening with WhatsApp?

I dont get notifications, I did hard reset and all but still having this, I have to open WhatsApp to see all the tons of messages and that is ******* me.

The push system is failing or what? This is temporal? (WhatsApp was working good before but now this is horrible) btw I have W8.1 DevPrev (and again, it was working before but now not..)

Thank you.
    04-28-2014 07:53 PM
    Any possible headsup on the performance factor of the new rumored update? Aesthetically it seems amazing! What about the crashes and lack of functionality? :/
    I read in the comments section, where one of the beta tester wrote that the app doesn't crash when you try to load previous messages or access the media shared with a contact. The update might give us an app we've been waiting for.
    04-28-2014 10:32 PM
    To everyone using WP8.1 dev preview. Guys if an app crashes that is because the OS you are using is still under testing. They are still ironing out the small glitches in the app and the OS. The developers are supposed to find out what is causing the failure of the normal operation of the app like problem with notifications or improper favourites. It's okay to complain but rather also try providing feedback to MS. This will be for our own good. :)
    04-28-2014 11:19 PM
    To everyone using WP8.1 dev preview. Guys if an app crashes that is because the OS you are using is still under testing. They are still ironing out the small glitches in the app and the OS. The developers are supposed to find out what is causing the failure of the normal operation of the app like problem with notifications or improper favourites. It's okay to complain but rather also try providing feedback to MS. This will be for our own good. :)
    The app has been crashing since the dawn of time, it's not a problem related to wp8.1
    04-29-2014 12:35 AM
    Delay issue started for me when i installed remote desktop...disappeared uninstalling it, coincidence? WP8.1
    04-29-2014 03:25 AM
    My delay only started when I installed the dev preview - prior to that it was solid and reliable, so I agree there is something not quite right with the preview.

I've found that if I leave the app open, and do not let the screen sleep, three app operates as it should... Odd.
    04-29-2014 03:28 AM
    I have to agree, it's not an OS issue because I've never had reliable notifications from whatsapp
    04-29-2014 03:36 AM
    Of course it's WhatsApp's fault.

You have to report that app in the Store, at least once a day. And be sure to give it only 1 star.

Otherwise those dumb****s will never get going!
    bssnik likes this.
    04-29-2014 06:39 AM
    All you people should help rating the 1 star reviews as useful and the positive reviews as not useful! That way only negative reviews get on top! Lets vote this **** app down! They got billions of cash and they are lazy as ****!!!!!!
    bambusbieger and bssnik like this.
    04-29-2014 06:49 AM
    Putting their ratings down is not going to affect them. They seem to be making one huge update that'll fix all the problems. We'll just have to keep being patient.
    04-29-2014 06:56 AM
    Putting their ratings down is not going to affect them. They seem to be making one huge update that'll fix all the problems. We'll just have to keep being patient.
    Yea dream on. They always say this, it's never true. I will believe once I experience. Second, I don't give a crap for a huge update. I would rather have a continuous stream of small updates that would address actual bugs! Why do we have to wait a year for a fix for the crash when you scroll back? Because they want to bundle it with a huge update? Push notifications should have made reliable years ago!!
    bambusbieger likes this.
    04-29-2014 07:04 AM
    Whatsapp seriously doesn't know how to do incremental releases. First they need to push out updates for bugs that people are facing and at a later stage release an update with new features. Waiting to push out everything at one go just keeps getting users frustrated leading to a decline in their credibility.
    04-29-2014 07:13 AM
    I am facing a Unique issue.
    I am using whats app Broadcast function in order to forward messages to my friends. The catch is.. I am able to broadcast/deliver these messages to Android/iOs users. However, Windows users are unable to receive these messages. Same user is able to receive messages when i type/paste them through a personal window. However, if i am sending anything using Broadcast function!! Issue is the same!!
    04-29-2014 07:46 AM
    As I said:
    1. Report
    2. Post a 1-star review
    3. Downvote positive reviews

Otherwise they won't listen. That's all we can do.
    anon(5969054) likes this.
    04-29-2014 07:49 AM
    Try disabling data sense! Even i had the same issue and i disabled data sense! Even though notifications are not perfect yet they're much better now! Hope this helps :)

How do i disable it? I've put on the reset date details and my limit... I went to the settings and unchecked the two options, but dint find any option to disable it altogether... Help pls

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 using Tapatalk
    04-29-2014 08:30 AM
    I agree with you, I too would like small updates but they don't seem to be doing that. No point moaning about it on here because it wont make them release it faster. They don't seem to listen to emails either so the only thing we can do is to wait.
    Nitesh Tilwani likes this.
    04-29-2014 09:47 AM
    WhatsApp devs, cant you people understand that we want features, but more important than that we want stability... Atleast provide us a stable apps before promising the features via your beta teaters...

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 using Tapatalk
    04-29-2014 09:49 AM
    This became such a huge problem that even WPCentral had to post an article about it! Just hope it gets resolved soon! Im sick of waiting. :( I love WP8.1 but whatsapp is what I use primarily for communcation. Sometimes issues like these feel like making me go back to android. Please whatsapp,update it fast :( I love WP!
    WhatsApp is broken for Window Phone 8.1 and there's no fix in sight | Windows Phone Central
    04-29-2014 11:40 AM
    Everything was great until last week. I have 8.1 installed since day one. My notifications now are not reliable. Sometimes i need to open Whatsapp to get new messages, sometimes just unlock my screen, sometimes i get messages in time.

Today I will try reinstall Whatsapp and maybe a hard reset.

It's funny because I never have this problem before. Even in WP7. It's very annoying.
    04-29-2014 12:29 PM
    Everything was great until last week. I have 8.1 installed since day one. My notifications now are not reliable. Sometimes i need to open Whatsapp to get new messages, sometimes just unlock my screen, sometimes i get messages in time.

Today I will try reinstall Whatsapp and maybe a hard reset.

It's funny because I never have this problem before. Even in WP7. It's very annoying.
    don't hold your breath for a hard reset
    04-29-2014 12:59 PM
    I guess whatsapp for android got an update today. Its really pathetic other platforms are getting all the features and windows phones are getting only bugs

Sent from my Lumia 620 wp8.1 RM-846_im_india_233 using Tapatalk
    04-29-2014 01:18 PM
3,811 ... 979899100101 ...