WhatsApp Questions and Answers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Post all your WhatsApp questions, reviews and issues here. This will be the official place for all the WhatsApp questions, issues, and answered.

anadi1984

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Audio hack has become useless for wp7.8 as well after the 8862.144 update.

Also, let us share audio and video stored in the phone ...and also to save them to music + video hub.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Shouldn't this thread be in the Windows Phone Apps Forum seeing that Whatsapp is not limited to the lumia 920:winktongue:

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Audio hack has become useless for wp7.8 as well after the 8862.144 update.

Also, let us share audio and video stored in the phone ...and also to save them to music + video hub.

Okay this is totally news to me! Are you saying the new Microsoft update that fixes live tile issues also lets you have an option for "keep wifi alive" in advanced settings? If that's true, Whatsapp is SO due for an update to leave my audio API alone!

Omar Zak

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
i face some sort of issue with WhatsApp on my Lumia 820
the notification comes and i open whatsapp to see the new message, and its not there, i go back to main screen to find the notification says that i have "1" message
and again to whatsapp and there is no message, after a while, the phone rings again for a notification, the same message rings again and everything is good at that point.

i had that before yesterday's firmware update, im checking if this thing will happen after.

Omar Zak

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
ok seems after bunch of messages and tries ... that problem has been solved some how ...

but there is another old problem ....

try to lock the screen while you are in whatsapp .... you will not recieve any notification about coming messages

azaright

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
i face some sort of issue with WhatsApp on my Lumia
the notification comes and i open whatsapp to see the new message, and its not there, i go back to main screen to find the notification says that i have "1" message
and again to whatsapp and there is no message, after a while, the phone rings again for a notification, the same message rings again and everything is good at that point.
Its after the new whatsapp updates. Windows 7.8

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
ok seems after bunch of messages and tries ... that problem has been solved some how ...

but there is another old problem ....

try to lock the screen while you are in whatsapp .... you will not recieve any notification about coming messages

That's true only for a first few minutes till the app sleeps. Once the app sleeps i.e. on phone sleeping - you will get notifications to wake you up. When you lock screen, the first few minutes, it doesn't pause the app so you will keep receiving messages as if you were reading it real time. I don't know how other OS deal with it though.

Florin Anghel

Banned
Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Well for some reason I don't understand the use of Audio API in Whatsapp, I mean if I listen to music after I close whatsapp I will still get notification and the battery will not drain so fast, but if I leave whatsapp to use the audio API then the battery goes down fast.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Can we install previous version of whatsapp on wp

No.

Well for some reason I don't understand the use of Audio API in Whatsapp, I mean if I listen to music after I close whatsapp I will still get notification and the battery will not drain so fast, but if I leave whatsapp to use the audio API then the battery goes down fast.

I think music streaming works with regular pings to their server to keep the connection alive between your phone and their servers as well as keeping WiFi alive on WP7.x

anadi1984

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Okay this is totally news to me! Are you saying the new Microsoft update that fixes live tile issues also lets you have an option for "keep wifi alive" in advanced settings? If that's true, Whatsapp is SO due for an update to leave my audio API alone!

well, the WiFi stays alive even after locking the screen after the latest update... At least, it is staying awake on my Lumia 800.

hamzie11

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
You understand by staying awake, its not just that wifi is on.. but the logo has not turned grey.. and then back to solid white

anadi1984

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
You understand by staying awake, its not just that wifi is on.. but the logo has not turned grey.. and then back to solid white
I do very well understand. Its stays white even after screen is locked i.e.it stays alive or awake and applications can use it even if the screen is locked.
Why not check it yourself?

ash29k

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else getting delayed whatsapp notifications? It's been on and off and it is starting to get annoying.
yes mate, delayed messages, multiple alerts for the same message sometimes 45mins after the message was read, UI problems on 7.8 etc. I have sent multiple error reports to the dev team but they never reply or acknowledge...

kka

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I am getting used to delayed notifications which occurs rarely but especially for this week, there have been lots of problem due to the late notifications for both whatsapp (2.9.4) and unfortunately Skype!!! (The new updated version)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb