WhatsApp Questions and Answers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomanband

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
I just re read the article a couple times. It is a bit misleading. Right now we're on version2.9.4
Two ways it can be interpreted.

1) 2.9.69 is in beta and available now to beta testers but when it comes out of beta they will change the version number to 3.0?
2) 2.9.69 is out of beta and has been submitted to the store and will be released as 2.9.69. With regards to the 3.0 , these version numbers are usually big land marks for apps and it could be a future version with even more awesome changes.

BAH! I know what I want to say but I cant find the words to say it. The article is confusing.

But I think 2.9.69 has been submitted to the store as beta. More changes need to be added and it will be changed to 3.0 when released to the public, as it is a ton load of big features. Note, the article says "Below is the latest Changelog, though more features may be added before this gets released to the public:"

Either way, a new and improved whatsapp is coming and I am happy about that!

When you read the same news on different websites too, you get the real meaning: it is your N.1:
"1) 2.9.69 is in beta and available now to beta testers but when it comes out of beta they will change the version number to 3.0? "

dragonball169

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Re: Whats app no response after upgarded to win mobile 7.8

cannot send and receive message from whatsapp after upgraded to win mobile 7.8 on 20-April 2013. I need to re-boot my phone to receive n send message fm whatsapp.

Anyone know how to solve this problem? Just wonder why microsoft test whatsapp before release any firmware upgrade? What a failure company. Do they know people use whatsapp more than dial a call?

Ana987

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
whatsapp problem

Hi, I'm having a pretty silly but quite annoying problem on whatsapp while using my nokia lumia 610. My friend sent me an audio recording, I can hear it, but I can't move it to the pc and I really need it for research on arabic language.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
It is meant to have an update "soon" but am still not sure if they said the beta was in market but there was a long wait for 3.0 or if 2.6.9 will be out for public and then with more features 3.0 will be out later in a month or two.

nokia3660

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
The emoticons appear different from what you see in the list and what you see after you have sent it. Is it only me or does others find it annoying too?

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
All I care about is my audio API! I've got a bottle of champagne waiting the moment* I have my API back!

*if they don't screw up the app in doing so.

Abhishek Upadhyay

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if this has already been mentioned but when I turn data on after a while, I usually has at least a 100 new messages and the notifications just keep coming and coming!!
It really hampers the user experience for the ENTIRE4 phone!
I cannot use many applications because the notifications are blocking something important!
Its so annoying!
Please do something about this, only notify the total number of messages or something like that..

victorji

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
After checking out Android's Whatsapp, I only feel pre-historic and ancient using da Whatsapp for Windows.
Just yesterday I upgraded to 1308 on my Lumia 820. The shocking revelation in da Strorage Statistics were that of Whatsapp(Which consumed 200MB) of my phone storage.
Now my question to this forum is:
1: How on earth do I access/edit/delete those thrash data(Clearing Cache/Temp Files don't help).
2: I am sure these 200MB contains the Videos that I once downloaded from various Whatsapp groups or probably sent by someone. But how do I access a video once its downloaded. I cannot be going back in History Log to get that video. Isn't there a Folder that contains all Whatsapp downloaded Videos?
3: The Whatsapp for Windows is actually lame. The Lag time after opening Whatsapp and the time until the Msgs start poring in is really unacceptable. Many a times in the Live TIle it shows 5 Unread msgs, but once u r in, takes a minute or more to just hang on and wait for those msgs to flow in.

Anyways someone please Help me with my Question No.1 & No.2

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Bugs I found

-Very long messages are not shown fully, if i copy paste them in an email I can read all the text thats missing in the app
-When i go to xbox + music and tap on resume (the gray square) to resume my music player, it opens whatsapp
-Many a times I get '1' notification even when there are none or I have already read the message
-If I get a new message and I open whatsapp, the message isn't there but it vibrates and then shows the message as if it has arrived just now while it was there since the stone age
-At times it takes a lot of time to open the chat screen (list of people with whom chat is on)
-Messages show up even on lockscreen with a passcode, shouldn't be because the message may contain something meant for me.

Does this make wp8 suck?
Heck no, whatsapp is at fault not wp8, wp8 is the best OS you can get.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
only one bottle? :p

I think one bottle is enough for this app as I might have to get another one for the day "where is Instagram" threads die on this forum! ;)

After checking out Android's Whatsapp, I only feel pre-historic and ancient using da Whatsapp for Windows.
Just yesterday I upgraded to 1308 on my Lumia 820. The shocking revelation in da Strorage Statistics were that of Whatsapp(Which consumed 200MB) of my phone storage.
Now my question to this forum is:
1: How on earth do I access/edit/delete those thrash data(Clearing Cache/Temp Files don't help).
2: I am sure these 200MB contains the Videos that I once downloaded from various Whatsapp groups or probably sent by someone. But how do I access a video once its downloaded. I cannot be going back in History Log to get that video. Isn't there a Folder that contains all Whatsapp downloaded Videos?
3: The Whatsapp for Windows is actually lame. The Lag time after opening Whatsapp and the time until the Msgs start poring in is really unacceptable. Many a times in the Live TIle it shows 5 Unread msgs, but once u r in, takes a minute or more to just hang on and wait for those msgs to flow in.

Anyways someone please Help me with my Question No.1 & No.2

You can delete your videos from your app. Open your contact - tap ... - tap info - swipe - Under Media - you will see everything you've ever downloaded from that contact or sent to him. Do it for all contacts or groups you've been sharing stuff with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs