WhatsApp Questions and Answers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

soumitro316

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
My phones on 7.8...when I make the whatsapp tile double-wide the front side just turns plain grey(no logo) with whatsapp written at the bottom while when it flips over it shows the last received message...any idea why the front side is like that?

ah06

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Google doesn't release Hangouts for WP (Android and iOS have it and BB10 can talk to Hangouts via Gtalk integration)
BB doesn't release BBM for WP (Android and iOS and BB10 all will have it soon)
Viber updates WP and Android apps with new features and releases a desktop client (but WP users have to wait for "next 3 months")
Whatsapp leaves WP client as in the dust with their other versions (including BB10 versions)
Facebook has Messenger apps for Android and iOS and for legacy BB but nothing for WP (integrated FB chat is a joke)

Microsoft releases Skype for everyone (even Ubuntu) and Skype actually performs better than on WP on some other platforms. But even in its best incarnation, sorely lacks in mobile specific messaging features compared to everyone else

Is it just me or is this a critical thing MS is missing coz messaging works entirely on network effect and not on merit of messaging clients. They better fix this quick coz right now, no matter who wins the messaging wars, MS loses

Savin Nay Wangtal

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Is it just me or is this a critical thing MS is missing coz messaging works entirely on network effect and not on merit of messaging clients. They better fix this quick coz right now, no matter who wins the messaging wars, MS loses
MS knows it's all about making the phone hip, not useable. That's why they looked at all the features of the other phones, then brings absolutely none of them over. *rant off (Seriously though, I shoulda just bite the bullet and grabbed a Z10. I hate being nearly broke T-T)

Anyway, I want to know if there is a fix for this bug:
Every 3 seconds, my Whatsapp will update its status as if a new message was just sent in, even though no new messages were received. I tried reconnecting to the network, connecting via hotspot, reset the phone, and even re-installing whatsapp entirely--nothing helps.
Help?

sharprobert

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Same problem in my whatssap..I recieved a lot of delayed notification..even sometimes after one day. Sometime there is no notification of new message..but when i opened whatssap...then i recieve a notification..my whatssap act like it is in sleeping mode/...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro