WhatsApp Questions and Answers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

brianlj

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Nokia Lumia 620 - WhatsApp v2.9.4 stopped sending pictures and now won't reinstall.

Hi, my wife's 620 has had WhatsApp for a few months now. Working just fine (apart from a few ghosts) until 2 days ago when, out on a country walk, it refused to send a camera-taken photo. It sent a text message, but not the photo itself. She thought it was because we were out of WiFi coverage and so waited until we were back home. Still no photo send. It just sat there with the clock symbol showing. She tried taking another photo and then tried selecting a previously-sent photo - still no send for both tries. Reboot phone - still no send.

And then I noticed that one of her Chat contacts (me!) had vanished.

So, I uninstalled it and went for a download from the Nokia store and installed again.

It gets to the page where I attempt to enter the phone number (which I did - without the 0 - and it visually parses the number correctly) whereupon it thinks for a while and then says that it cannot connect to WhatsApp and to 'check your network settings'.

Normal SMSs can be received and sent just fine. We've tried the install with and without WiFi turned on. WhatsApp shows up in the Settings | Apps | BackgroundTasks>Advanced and isn't blocked. Mobile network is Virgin (as it always has been). Data is On with No Roaming and 3G (good connection - 4/5 bars) There's 2GB free on the phone. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times with and without phone reboots between the stages - no difference.

Any ideas?

prateekj1993

May 29, 2013
Visit site
It is generally a problem of the background agent. whenever this happens I use Kill my music to kill the background agent and then restart Whatsapp gain. It then works fine.

sueha

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Beta testers told us that there are updates to the beta almost everyday. Looks like WhatsApp want an almost perfect app to be released.

Memitim

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I am new to WP 8 , is there any option to send song or video ?
It is showing recording option!

No not currently, you can only send audio and videos you record from within WhatsApp.

It's apparently caused by an OS limitation, will see what the new WhatsApp release and WP 8.1 brings later this year

avi sen

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I am seeing a contact as the first contact in my chat history to whom i have not sent message for a week.The timestamp that is coming with this contact is a time where neither i have sent any message nor recieved from him.for the rest other contacts ,they are coming in the chronology according to the time i have conversation with them.Kindly guide why is this happening?

Memitim

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I am seeing a contact as the first contact in my chat history to whom i have not sent message for a week.The timestamp that is coming with this contact is a time where neither i have sent any message nor recieved from him.for the rest other contacts ,they are coming in the chronology according to the time i have conversation with them.Kindly guide why is this happening?

If you open the conversation are there any messages inside?

This seems to be happening to a few people lately, maybe a WhatsApp server issue.

ESKIBOY

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Another new problem today. Every message sent from another person has "seconds ago" written under the message, even if the message was sent days ago........

Salim Alkindi

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
when.........................................................................................................................................................:crying:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99