WhatsApp Questions and Answers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ankmeyester

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I've read through the entire thread here and on pocketpc.ch..I knew all the new fixes that were introduced in the previous betas through the contributions of the beta testers! In recent times though, I don't see what are the recent additions to the new builds..all I hear is "it's very good" and "wait for it". So here's me profusely begging for information regarding the new builds in beta and a solid perception of when the update might come out!

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Jokes apart, whatsapp is really malfunctioning since the last 2 weeks. ..msgs don't go, old msgs come again ad again, extremely laggy and buggy.

Can someone plz find out What's Up with Whatsapp?

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk 2

melvintwj

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
And to think that we are actually on paid subscription, yet we actually have to wait so long for a single update.. The few cents may be nothing to most of us, but it's definitely not worth the experience so far.

Ultimate Insider

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
This isn't about money. This about having respect to your customers. They just don't care about their customers. If they keep us informed about their progress, we would be more hopeful about the update. Same thing goes for Microsoft, what's gonna be in gdr3 and wp8.1. The answer is, no one knows.

sueha

May 31, 2012
Visit site
If they keep us informed about their progress, we would be more hopeful about the update. Same thing goes for Microsoft, what's gonna be in gdr3 and wp8.1. The answer is, no one knows.

I'd say the biggest problem is, that everybody knows about "GDR2 -> GDR3 -> 8.1", because we learned that from leaks. That's why we all expect so much from these updates. Everybody's saying that GDR2 is a joke.That's because we've been teased so long for it. If nobody knew about GDR2 and MS just released, it would have been better imho.

anon(6183039)

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
After have tried every possible suggestion Im done with Whatsapp. Notifications are awful (not so sure if it is Whatsapp or Windows Phone issue) and that battery drain is simply unacceptable, at least for me.
I am going to reinstall it after (and if) the upgrade came out.

rianash

May 27, 2013
Visit site
If only MS or Nokia knew,
- how I was convinced to go from BlackBerry to WinPhone because all my BBM groups members are also in the Whatsapp groups (making migration not painful),

- how I can't recommend WinPhone to friends because of not-recently-updated Whatsapp,

- how I'm sure that a lot of WinPhone users are in the same situation with me,

I'm sure that MS/Nokia can lend a hand/some money/resources to Whatsapp developers. Can't they?

Well, may be not.. MS and Nokia each has their own messaging service (Skype, Pulse). Hmm..

Still waiting though..

Idan Cohen

May 4, 2013
Visit site
If only MS or Nokia knew,
- how I was convinced to go from BlackBerry to WinPhone because all my BBM groups members are also in the Whatsapp groups (making migration not painful),

- how I can't recommend WinPhone to friends because of not-recently-updated Whatsapp,

- how I'm sure that a lot of WinPhone users are in the same situation with me,

I'm sure that MS/Nokia can lend a hand/some money/resources to Whatsapp developers. Can't they?

Well, may be not.. MS and Nokia each has their own messaging service (Skype, Pulse). Hmm..

Still waiting though..

I am sorry if I'm being hurtful here, but you are a SERIOUSLY weak character if you don't recommend a WHOLE OS for an app. Sure - it's important, but hey, the opertaing system is on the market less than a year, when whatsapp came to iPhone OS on version 3.1.2 , it was rubbish. So , it took some time for them to enhance the app, and that's what's happening right now with WP.

I would recommend WP8 , regardless of this app.

David Best

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
I surprised no one has tried make an unofficial whatsapp app...the big named apps the other OS's have all have unofficial counter parts on wp8.

Memitim

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I surprised no one has tried make an unofficial whatsapp app...the big named apps the other OS's have all have unofficial counter parts on wp8.

Problem is that WhatsApp doesn't use a standard protocol to communicate between device and server so writing a third party app isn't as simple as something like G-Talk which uses the XMPP protocol

L_a_l_a

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Do facebook and whatsapp cling together? I heard of someone who's entire conversation on whatsapp found it back on facebook. Without knowing about it. There is no info about this on the internet, which sounds like a bloody bad leak to me! Facebook doesn't seem to have the answer, so it must be whatsapp. No interference from outsiders is to be expected in this case.

Also the delayed messages sound familiar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb