WhatsApp Questions and Answers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantakk

May 1, 2013
Visit site
We're in a secret place :smile:

Users are reporting that as of yesterday evening, notifications push notifications have started working better. Can anyone here attest to this?

Maybe Microsoft has fixed the service on their end?

I thought it was a Whatsapp server problem...
Well, by the way, we need the same a new version of the app. Not the best out there compared to the alternatives.

fantakk

May 1, 2013
Visit site
No. It's a Microsoft problem

Why the rest of the apps work pretty fine? Twitter, Facebook, Integrated facebook and twitter notifications, Skype, Viber,Line, Email work like a charm. :confused:
So Whatsapp it's not thinking about releasing an update(?).
I mean the app still uses the music control bug and doesn't have a proper background agent.There are often problems recording and sending videos plus the app often blocks or crash while resuming...

Last edited:

halamadridkimi

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Why the rest of the apps work pretty fine? Twitter, Facebook, Integrated facebook and twitter notifications, Skype, Viber,Line, Email work like a charm. :confused:
So Whatsapp it's not thinking about releasing an update(?).
I mean the app still uses the music control bug and doesn't have a proper background agent.There are often problems recording and sending videos plus the app often blocks or crash while resuming...

Actually viber and skype doesnt work well too, dont know about others.. I asked vibers ceo on twitter on tuesday that vibers notifications doesnt come, and when i open app then only masseges comes and asked them to fix it, ceo answered that its microsofts fault and they are trying to solve it as soon as possible.

fantakk

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Actually viber and skype doesnt work well too, dont know about others.. I asked vibers ceo on twitter on tuesday that vibers notifications doesnt come, and when i open app then only masseges comes and asked them to fix it, ceo answered that its microsofts fault and they are trying to solve it as soon as possible.

You tried last updated version?

ah06

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Skype, Viber, Line do not work well at all. Including issues with notifications. Yes some have indicated the problem maybe with the MPNS (Microsoft push notification server) but it seems to be occuring mostly with third party apps. Facebook is built by MS people themselves (probably outsourced however) whereas Skype is it's own separate division.

Beta has been out for 3 months actually which I think is the maximum period allowed by the store. Either a release is imminent or there will be another Beta back in the store (private beta though). Expect to hear something tomorrow at Nokias event

halamadridkimi

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
You tried last updated version?

yeah, actually the problem came after i updated that app, after that i asked vibers ceo on twitter

i know they will not be any news about whatsapp tommorow on nokia event but i have hope for it.. on lumia 925 they showed some apps so lets hope they will showcase this time too some apps and updated whatsapp since they have been working with them (rumours)

fantakk

May 1, 2013
Visit site
yeah, actually the problem came after i updated that app, after that i asked vibers ceo on twitter

i know they will not be any news about whatsapp tommorow on nokia event but i have hope for it.. on lumia 925 they showed some apps so lets hope they will showcase this time too some apps and updated whatsapp since they have been working with them (rumours)

Strange, maybe Whatsapp is not going to release this update because it won't solve anything. But it would be a shame still having this problem during the presentation of a new product.

fanboydrockin

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I am not sure if music API used by whatsapp is main factor that my battery drained quickly. But one thing for sure, i just want my whatsapp upgraded to 2.10

fantakk

May 1, 2013
Visit site
I am not sure if music API used by whatsapp is main factor that my battery drained quickly. But one thing for sure, i just want my whatsapp upgraded to 2.10

I think is crazy notifications and freezes during resume. They release it even for Nokia Asha and BlackBerry. Windows Phone Whatsapp developer is a former engineer in Google Mobile ...

Last edited:

anon(6183039)

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Skype, Viber, Line do not work well at all. Including issues with notifications. Yes some have indicated the problem maybe with the MPNS (Microsoft push notification server) but it seems to be occuring mostly with third party apps. Facebook is built by MS people themselves (probably outsourced however) whereas Skype is it's own separate division.

Beta has been out for 3 months actually which I think is the maximum period allowed by the store. Either a release is imminent or there will be another Beta back in the store (private beta though). Expect to hear something tomorrow at Nokias event

Skype notifications are also inconsistent for me (Brazil). Also I noticed that the bult in FB chat does not receive notifications for messages sent from contacts who use mobile clients (e.g. iOS Facebook Messenger).

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
where i can find beta testers?? they need to show us some pics of updated version, and some thoughts about its working/notifications etc

As mentioned SEVERAL TIMES before.

-The update IS coming
-You are allowed three months private beta. Three months is not up as yet
-The new update REMOVES the audio API
-As of last we've heard, the interface stays the same. You are not able to change the background etc
-Emoticons will be changed
-Notification are dependent on Microsoft Servers, NOT whatsapp!
-There will be fast remove
-Ability to voice call

These are old screenshots.

WhatsApp%20Beta%2078%201.jpg WhatsApp%20Beta%2078%202.jpg

fantakk

May 1, 2013
Visit site
As mentioned SEVERAL TIMES before.

-The update IS coming
-You are allowed three months private beta. Three months is not up as yet
-The new update REMOVES the audio API
-As of last we've heard, the interface stays the same. You are not able to change the background etc
-Emoticons will be changed
-Notification are dependent on Microsoft Servers, NOT whatsapp!
-There will be fast remove
-Ability to voice call

These are old screenshots.

View attachment 37229 View attachment 37230

There are not 2 servers ?
One from the Application side (in this case Whatsapp) and another by Microsoft side MPNS (Microsoft Push Notification Service)?
Just asking :B

Last edited:

husam2277

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Hey Beta testers, does WhatsApp beta removed from store? please confirm... if that's true its give hope that it will be available soon....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)