WhatsApp Questions and Answers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

halamadridkimi

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I really hope we could send multiple images at the same time on whatsapp.. Its really annoying when we are with friends and take pictures and afterwards we send each other those pics, all they need is send once and alot of pics comes but for me i need to send every photo separetly.. And about video sending, i hope gdr2brings ability for devs to let their apps send exited videos from the phone, since we need that so much in whatsapp and skype

SLoy87

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Is Microsoft awair of the fact that push notifications are working very unstable?
Whatsapp and VIBER notifications are always terrible late...
Is their any discussion going on somewhere about this topic?

Regards

antivirus

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
It will be available ssoon

You have no idea when it will be released, your guess is as good as anyone else's so stop saying soon when you've no idea. Your not a beta tester and a beta tester doesn't have any clue as to when it will be release. You don't have any inside information on whatsapp, so quite acting like you do.

Rolorob

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I was really hoping for a release today, but let's face it. It's not going to happen :(
Let's hope it get's done this year...

Since the betatesters said that the notifcation problem is also happening in the beta, we can just give up on having a stable whatsapp, all that is going to happen is that it will probably start faster and have a fast-resume. Stability is even more important to me... :(

antivirus

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I was really hoping for a release today, but let's face it. It's not going to happen :(
Let's hope it get's done this year...

Since the betatesters said that the notifcation problem is also happening in the beta, we can just give up on having a stable whatsapp, all that is going to happen is that it will probably start faster and have a fast-resume. Stability is even more important to me... :(

The Viber update yesterday has the exact same notification problems as Whatsapp so it does look like it could be MS fault... No one can say for sure if it will be fixed until the new update is out. It's highly unlikely that it will be released tomorrow, I can't picture Nokia revealing the new Nokia 1020 and then saying "Great news! We've an update for Whatsapp today" That would be a bit embarrassing lol :-D

halamadridkimi

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
The Viber update yesterday has the exact same notification problems as Whatsapp so it does look like it could be MS fault... No one can say for sure if it will be fixed until the new update is out. It's highly unlikely that it will be released tomorrow, I can't picture Nokia revealing the new Nokia 1020 and then saying "Great news! We've an update for Whatsapp today" That would be a bit embarrassing lol :-D

no it wont be embarrassing, they can say something like that, we are working with devs closely to bring best out of their apps to windows phone community , for example we are happy to release updated whatsapp for windows phone, ... blah blah blah talking about some new apps ....

on lumia 925 unveiling nokia showed few new apps so we can hope for some apps this time too, im hoping for subway surfers :)

antivirus

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
no it wont be embarrassing, they can say something like that, we are working with devs closely to bring best out of their apps to windows phone community , for example we are happy to release updated whatsapp for windows phone, ... blah blah blah talking about some new apps ....

on lumia 925 unveiling nokia showed few new apps so we can hope for some apps this time too, im hoping for subway surfers :)

I just can't picture them highlighting an app update at a big press event for the Nokia Lumia 1020. New apps yes, but updates no way :-D The whatsapp update is nothing major, it's just some bug fixes and enhancements. It could be released tomorrow or next month or when ever but its release won't have anything to do with a Nokia event.

Of course I'd love to be wrong! :-D

rupanidm

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
I really hope we could send multiple images at the same time on whatsapp.. Its really annoying when we are with friends and take pictures and afterwards we send each other those pics, all they need is send once and alot of pics comes but for me i need to send every photo separetly.. And about video sending, i hope gdr2brings ability for devs to let their apps send exited videos from the phone, since we need that so much in whatsapp and skype

android version just got updated with 'sending multiple items' feature. we can sens upto 10 items. windows phone users will get this feature after ages i guess :|

Rolorob

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
android version just got updated with 'sending multiple items' feature. we can sens upto 10 items. windows phone users will get this feature after ages i guess :|
Can some betatester try this out? I would really love this feature as well!
Just go to the picturehub, select multiple images and try to share via whatsapp. As soon as multiple pictures are selected, currently you are unable to share via Whatsapp, only email :(.

Ankmeyester

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
So as expected, the press conference only had the lumia 1020 and it's steroid fed camera :/

Whatsapp will surely be out by 2014 :| And God only knows what will come off this notification problem that seems to be getting worse on a daily basis...

Sipos

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Whatsapp messages on my Htc windows 8s are in very late last four days. Sometimes this problem came and lasted only one day or couple of hours but this is going on now for almost a week. It's really annoying when I'm waiting for the notification that a message came but not a beep and than I enter whatsapp and the new unread messages appear. Of course when I read them, 10 minutes after the notifications start to pile up like the messages just came but I already read them. I tried uninstalling the app and instaling again, also turning off and the phone but nothing is helping.

SLoy87

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Seems that my push notifications are coming back in ok on my lumia 800.
Also tested this on the lumia 620 of my girl and this also goes well. Did MS do something?

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Tapatalk

Sander Schot

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
This is my conversation with Microsoft.

You: Since some time I don't get my push notifications properly (Whatsapp, Viber). Many people are complaining about this. What is being done about it?
Derek B.: Yes, currently there is a known issue with the notifications with WhatsApp. Currently or Engineer team is working with the developers to resolve the issue, but I have not been informed of a timeline for the resolution of this issue.
Derek B.: I would expect it to be sooner then later with the growing concern.
You: It's not only on Whatsapp, also Viber.
You: Do you know about that too?
Derek B.: Yes, this issue is currently known with Viber as well.

Moustache321

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
@Sander Schot have you got any idea has MS got any idea with integrated Fb chat and Kik messenger issues, too? The issues are very much the same than with Viber and WhatsApp

Darren Walsh

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Its all about the code lads, a bug in a relatively new os can be like looking for a needle a haystack,or so I'm told!! Like Nokia just made a balls of the here drive update and they make the phone, I can understand whatsapp's plight!!

paramsingh

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I was hoping for Whatsapp update to be announced today at the Nokia Lumia 1020 announcement but that didn't happen unfortunately, which means I can't still persuade my friends to switch to Windows Phone.

But I have a good feeling that Whatsapp update will be announced in 2043 when Nokia announces Nokia Lumia 4020... and then I will show off to all my friends how good Whatsapp is on my Windows Phone... finger cross guys just another 30years wait.

Ericson Szeto

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Whatsapp will update next year, I am sure. The WP OS is abandoned and ignored by both Microsoft and Whatsapp. Microsoft takes it too long to put in some basic features such as independent sound profile, while Whatsapp shows no intention to have Whatsapp debugged and updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786