WhatsApp Questions and Answers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccarrascoofwgkta

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I have the next issue with Whatsapp.

Whatsapp works really fine for me, i don't have any problemas with push notificationes, maybe the high waste of the battery, but it doesn't affect to me because I always have a charger on my office. The ONLY really ***** annoying issue is when someone (BB, iPhone or Galaxy user) send me a video or a soundclip I can't open it, it displays "Sorry, but we can't play this file in your device". So, anyone knows a solution for this?.

Thnx a lot for the help

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
You have no idea when it will be released, your guess is as good as anyone else's so stop saying soon when you've no idea. Your not a beta tester and a beta tester doesn't have any clue as to when it will be release. You don't have any inside information on whatsapp, so quite acting like you do.

Yes I am guessing but I am making an educated guess based on the following:

1) there has not been an update of the beta for a while.

2) a private beta is allowed three months. The end of July marks the 3 month end of whatsapps private beta.

fantakk

May 1, 2013
Visit site
[NOTE][INFO][/INFO][/NOTE]
Yes I am guessing but I am making an educated guess based on the following:

1) there has not been an update of the beta for a while.

2) a private beta is allowed three months. The end of July marks the 3 month end of whatsapps private beta.

After this 3 months is not allowed another beta?

ccarrascoofwgkta

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I have the next issue with Whatsapp.

Whatsapp works really fine for me, i don't have any problemas with push notificationes, maybe the high waste of the battery, but it doesn't affect to me because I always have a charger on my office. The ONLY really ***** annoying issue is when someone (BB, iPhone or Galaxy user) send me a video or a soundclip I can't open it, it displays "Sorry, but we can't play this file in your device". So, anyone knows a solution for this?.

Thnx a lot for the help

someone can help me with this please.

nikkswest

May 19, 2012
Visit site
From what i can see today morning on-wards I am getting the notification correctly (for unmuted contacts & grps) for around 2 hrs for now ... !!

Ankmeyester

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
From what i can see today morning on-wards I am getting the notification correctly (for unmuted contacts & grps) for around 2 hrs for now ... !!

Even i've been getting notifications properly and in time (say 85% of the time) since the last 2 to 3 hours. There are minor misses where I get notifications for messages sent around 5 minutes back. Feels like the notification delay gap is closing. Good thing. I think they were tweaking few hours after the lumia 1020 press conference cuz notifications were going haywire at that point of time for me.

I just hope, Whatsapp feels confident enough to release their app now since notifications seem to recovering (atleast for now) :)

nikkswest

May 19, 2012
Visit site
yeah its lot better.. !! Not only WhatsApp but skype notifications also going good.. :) Hope this remains like this :)

Last edited:

Ankmeyester

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
yeah its lot better.. !! Not only WhatsApp but skype notifications also going good.. :) Hope this remains like this :)

Yea so I can confirm that in most cases i'm getting the push notifications about 3 to 6 minutes late (unless the app is open already). Still so much better than the situation faced in the last 2weeks+. C'mon Whatsapp update. I'll leave Wpcentral in peace the minute it comes out. It's all I can hope for as a major change in my Lumia 610 WP 7.8 . and i'll be content till I decide to buy my next phone in the coming year (some Nokia Lumia DSLR camera phone) :D

Rolorob

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
They are saying that the app will be submitted for certification soon according to their resources.
[EXCLUSIVE WhatsApp]

I apologize to the readers for having the "piece de resistance" at the end. I want to give you a little news about the update of WhatsApp . Yesterday, after learning that many developers were devoting most of their efforts on developing new apps for the platform of Microsoft , I contact my source to see if the developers of WhatsApp they were doing the same. Well, I can tell you that soon the app will be sent in certification at Microsoft. It's up to the company's team of Redmon d do the rest!
(google translate), let's hope their sources are reliable!

bayern_tig

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
I think WhatsApp have been waiting for the notification issue to be fixed first before releasing the update, so that when the update comes, it'll be one complete smoothed out WhatsApp with Zero issues.
My 2 cents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786