WhatsApp Questions and Answers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narathan

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Seems to me you can block the app from the background tasks. No difference?!
And the battery drain is still pretty big. But that's just a first impression...

Battery drain is severly lower in my case. With the same daily usage, I now sit at 86% battery where I would be at 40 - 50% normally. Thats *quite* a difference in my case! I'm running a Lumia 822 on 3G if anyone wonders.

I am very, very happy.

DreadVenom

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
This update is a definite welcome, finally can see an image large in message. Also the improved speed is great. I do find i have one issue though when i close the app, it gives me a message that there is a problem with notifications and a restart of the device is needed before i can use the app again. Anyone else have this issue and do i have to uninstall the app to resolve?

Thanks in advance.

sueha

May 31, 2012
Visit site
This update is a definite welcome, finally can see an image large in message. Also the improved speed is great. I do find i have one issue though when i close the app, it gives me a message that there is a problem with notifications and a restart of the device is needed before i can use the app again. Anyone else have this issue and do i have to uninstall the app to resolve?

Thanks in advance.

I dont have that problem but I would say that uninstalling now shouldnt be a problem because you can backup your chats properly, cant you?

DreadVenom

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I dont have that problem but I would say that uninstalling now shouldnt be a problem because you can backup your chats properly, cant you?

Thanks for the info. Regarding the chats, i think they are backed up but even if i lose them i don't mind. I just want a working app.

WhippedKream

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Hey, did anyone install the update in store now? I see it (a newer one from yesterday, cuz I installed that one right away) and I cannot download it. Keeps telling me attention, tap for info -_- I have a WP8 device

Lakshman Guntu

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Most of the times its working fine...but Ian still seeing resume message sometimes...this happens when I open what's app,click home(don't close what's app), and open what's app again..iam not sure if this OS limitation or OS not able to handle properly..but iam quite ok with the update but not a very great update when compared to android or ios

Rem97

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
The audio api is back on my whatsapp v2.10.491. It wasn't yesterday when I updated but for some strange reason it's back. Has anyone else noticed this?? (I have a HTC 8x so it's not because I'm running WP7.x)
Edit: It seems to have gone now but I'm still confused as to why it briefly returned.

Amresh95

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
After the update I still have the same problems with the notifications. I don't get them. Only when I go to the app I can see that people talked to me.

I thought that Whatsapp would fix this.

iosub

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site

Thanks in advance.
hi
Same problem here, I'm getting the message" there is a problem with the notifications, restart your phone" did you find a solution ?
Thanks

chenhogi

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Have you checked that whatsapp isn't 'blocked' in the background tasks settings section?

Yes, that was the first thing that I checked, and it is not blocked. Anyhow, I uninstalled and reinstalled, and am now receiving notifications, albeit sometimes with a slight delay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99