WhatsApp Questions and Answers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

paddylaz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Yes, that was the first thing that I checked, and it is not blocked. Anyhow, I uninstalled and reinstalled, and am now receiving notifications, albeit sometimes with a slight delay.

good to hear - it hasn't been widely documented, but there have actually been TWO updates in the last 48 hours to the whatsapp app - as well as their notification servers being improved/fixed. So yeah, it makes sense - perhaps when you reinstalled you inadvertently got the new version and now it's working.

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Battery doesn't drain much when closed (or background, because it's always on) but when I'm chatting the battery drains fast and my phone heats up! More than before this update! Not a real problem but it is kinda weird. I also heard others about this.

PedroGamo

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Battery doesn't drain much when closed (or background, because it's always on) but when I'm chatting the battery drains fast and my phone heats up! More than before this update! Not a real problem but it is kinda weird. I also heard others about this.

Same here with Ativ S.

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
To reward Whatsapp for finally updating the app I was going to purchase the app (as I noticed the app is only free for 1 year, but I have the $25 app store credit for my Lumia 928, which I've heard expires in September, so I thought I would use some of it up on Whatsapp), but when I went to purchase it, it took me to an external website. Why can't I purchase it via the official app store? Surely by taking us to external websites for payment Whatsapp must be breaking some time of terms of agreement with Microsoft, no?

Memitim

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
To reward Whatsapp for finally updating the app I was going to purchase the app (as I noticed the app is only free for 1 year, but I have the $25 app store credit for my Lumia 928, which I've heard expires in September, so I thought I would use some of it up on Whatsapp), but when I went to purchase it, it took me to an external website. Why can't I purchase it via the official app store? Surely by taking us to external websites for payment Whatsapp must be breaking some time of terms of agreement with Microsoft, no?

You buy a lifetime subscription to WhatsApp, so no matter which phone you use it on in future as long as you keep the same number your subscription will be valid.

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Last time my subscription was to expire in 2012, but they extended to 2013 and this time around same thing happened. I think it'll be unlimited. Only ios need to pay i guess?

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The audio api is back on my whatsapp v2.10.491. It wasn't yesterday when I updated but for some strange reason it's back. Has anyone else noticed this?? (I have a HTC 8x so it's not because I'm running WP7.x)
Edit: It seems to have gone now but I'm still confused as to why it briefly returned.
Saw it today on my 920 as well. restarted phone and havent seen it since..

husam2277

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Big problem happen most the time when close whatsapp it gives a message that there is a problem with the notification system and you need to restart the phone... The real problem is that most of the times after the message appear i cant open most if not all any other app (tile or from the app list)... Restart needed to fix it... This is the biggest bug i have ever encountered in windows phone... By the way im using lumia 925 with Amber update....

Rem97

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Big problem happen most the time when close whatsapp it gives a message that there is a problem with the notification system and you need to restart the phone... The real problem is that most of the times after the message appear i cant open most if not all any other app (tile or from the app list)... Restart needed to fix it... This is the biggest bug i have ever encountered in windows phone... By the way im using lumia 925 with Amber update....
This has happened to me twice since the update.

rianash

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm happy for the update.. Working good so far..

A toast for Nokia/Microsoft and Whatsapp-for-WP developer..

Now, I'm thinking about buying a 720 for my wife..

Man Kit Ching

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
anyone else find response times while typing is a bit laggy?

I started to have this problem as well. Usually I resolve it by closing it and reopen whatsapp again. Regardless of this I still find this new update sooooo much better than the previous one. And I can finally say I don't feel annoyed when I use whatsapp on my 920...

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Have you tried reinstalling?

Shredcow

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Methinks my battery life just shot up after this update. Really pleased with the improved performance and fast resume. Maybe now Whatsapp can focus on improving the bells & whistles...

Muhamad Syakir

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Anyone notice that it cannot load more than 500 (estimation) messages?

In my case, I have a conversation group.
After a long time didn't open whatsapp, the notification in the app shows that I have 512 unread messages in that conversation group.
So I tried to scroll up to view the old unread messages.
After at certain point of scrolling up, the app close by itself as if it cannot load the old message.

Anyone having this problem?

Divjot Singh

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
This has happened to me twice since the update.

Has happened to me too ! The only fix seems to be a restart. I am not sure but I guess each time it happened , it was when the battery saver was on , but like I said I am not really sure about it. Funny how an app can affect the System!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss