WhatsApp Questions and Answers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabbynair

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Has happened to me too ! The only fix seems to be a restart. I am not sure but I guess each time it happened , it was when the battery saver was on , but like I said I am not really sure about it. Funny how an app can affect the System!

I think it happens when you had a network connection when you opened the app but lost connection when in the app and you tried to exit with no connection. In such a case, it seems to give this error message. This happens during battery saver mode. This also happened to me once when my wifi got switched off when I was in the app and I tried exiting the app. Just my hunch, not sure if this is correct.

amrut_m

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
Cant Open any App issue is their for me too.
happened twice but did not notice why it happened.
need to bring this to whats app support,

also, the battery discharge is awesome if the app is not open :winktongue:
but when you chat with some one it drains and uses a lot of juice, like more than the previous version.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I think it happens when you had a network connection when you opened the app but lost connection when in the app and you tried to exit with no connection. In such a case, it seems to give this error message. This happens during battery saver mode. This also happened to me once when my wifi got switched off when I was in the app and I tried exiting the app. Just my hunch, not sure if this is correct.
It seems to happen when the app is open and battery saver is on and you get the notification from whatsapp that your phone is in battery saver mode etc blah blah

This is a major problem. Whatsapp needs to get this fixed.

husam2277

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Has happened to me too ! The only fix seems to be a restart. I am not sure but I guess each time it happened , it was when the battery saver was on , but like I said I am not really sure about it. Funny how an app can affect the System!

its always happen to me and without the battery saver enabled... If the problem stays i will uninstall the app until they make a fix

Plantje

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I got the latest version of Whatsapp running on my girlfriend's Nokia Lumia 800 with WP7.8. Now Whatsapp only works when connected to 3G and not to WiFi. As soon as I connect to WiFi Whatsapp claims it is disconnected. Connected to 3G only: Whatsapp states it is online.

Obviously Whatsapp is not working when it states it is offline.

keesperquin

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
@ Plantje, on my Lumia 900 it's the other way around!

On 3g it never connects right away, and sometimes takes up to an hour to connect en receive en send my messages. Sometimes it helps when I restart Whatsapp a couple of times. On wifi it works perfect. I'm always connected with 3g or 3.5g. When it does connect it works fine if I keep chatting, if I don't touch Whatsapp for something like an hour it's disconnected and won't easily reconnect..

My provider (T-Mobile) does not have a sollution, while Whatsapp says it must be the APN setting. (T-Mobile says they don't know them for WP7..)

Anybody here knows a sollution? Excuse me for my English, it's a bit rusty haha.

Thanks in advance!

Pardeep Jha

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm facing a very strange problem with my lumia 920 after installing the whatsapp, My apps had suddenly stopped opening up, (except people, music, clender, photos) then i did a soft reset and then everything worked fine. now after a day today i'd this problem again. so what i did, i just uninstalled the whatsapp form my phone and wow everything is working fine now... So is it a problem with whats app or with phone...?? should i do a hard rest... please suggest

Plantje

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
@ Plantje, on my Lumia 900 it's the other way around!

On 3g it never connects right away, and sometimes takes up to an hour to connect en receive en send my messages. Sometimes it helps when I restart Whatsapp a couple of times. On wifi it works perfect. I'm always connected with 3g or 3.5g. When it does connect it works fine if I keep chatting, if I don't touch Whatsapp for something like an hour it's disconnected and won't easily reconnect..

My provider (T-Mobile) does not have a sollution, while Whatsapp says it must be the APN setting. (T-Mobile says they don't know them for WP7..)

Anybody here knows a sollution? Excuse me for my English, it's a bit rusty haha.

Thanks in advance!

T-Mobile in the Netherlands requires just the word "internet" as APN. That's all I know. Perhaps that'll fix your issue.

birdmb

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm facing a very strange problem with my lumia 920 after installing the whatsapp, My apps had suddenly stopped opening up, (except people, music, clender, photos) then i did a soft reset and then everything worked fine. now after a day today i'd this problem again. so what i did, i just uninstalled the whatsapp form my phone and wow everything is working fine now... So is it a problem with whats app or with phone...?? should i do a hard rest... please suggest

hello mate, its a whatsApp issue.
i?m facing the same problem. It is triggered when you press "back" on whatsapp screen and can get the "connectivity error". If you click "exit" on that poup-up dialog,
and actually dont reboot the phone, the bug happens.
So, to avoid this try clicking "cancel" instead...

Pardeep Jha

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks mate, I got upset with that issue, and performed a hard reset, thinking that it might be a phone problem.. Good to know that nothing is wrong with the phone. the problem is whatsapp
Disappointed with the whats app team, they released the update after so long and still there are lots of bugs. I'm trying to click cancel now every time

Thanks birdmb, hope whatsapp fixes this issue fast ( and looking the whatsapp's team current speed, this bug will be fixed by the new year)

Darren Walsh

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi there, should I unblock whatsapp in background tasks as I don't get notifications unless I open whatsapp, I just wanna know if it will run amok on my battery like the last version,thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss