WhatsApp Questions and Answers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arjun KR

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
WhatsApp People's hub Integration?

will integration of WhatsApp in People Hub ever happen? it would be very helpful if whatsapp messages shows up under each contact's tile,so that we can avoid opening the app again and again.

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, I reinstalled but still getting this issue. It doesnt happen always(on battery saver) so its sort of OK for now. Will mail WhatsApp support to let them know about the issue.

loosk like the new version has resolved this issue now. Phone is no longer locking up on battery saver from WhatsApp. Anyone else notice this?

varunsur

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Have a problem with WhatsApp got the notification issue was asked to reboot my phone. I restarted the phone still not getting any notifications. I removed whatsapp reinstalled it and still the same. Removed whatsapp cleared temp memory using lumia storage check still no change. Any suggestions? Using Version 2.10.523

Last edited:

M_VwithDVP

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I think the problem with battery usage depends more on the fact that it vibrates whenever it receives a message and not the audio API, even though it does have to do with it. Any of the beta testers know if this will be removed in the future? (The vibration, not the API)

Memitim

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I think the problem with battery usage depends more on the fact that it vibrates whenever it receives a message and not the audio API, even though it does have to do with it. Any of the beta testers know if this will be removed in the future? (The vibration, not the API)

No, most of your battery drain will be from the screen if you constantly have WhatsApp open. I know on the Android devices I've owned that the screen accounted for 40-50% of battery usage under normal conditions I would imagine it'll be much higher if you have the screen on for extended periods of time.

Audio API is already gone in the latest versions

SLoy87

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Have a problem with WhatsApp got the notification issue was asked to reboot my phone. I restarted the phone still not getting any notifications. I removed whatsapp reinstalled it and still the same. Removed whatsapp cleared temp memory using lumia storage check still no change. Any suggestions? Using Version 2.10.523
I have the same issue on the phone of my girlfriend (Lumia 620). She never gets notifications, only see's messages when she opens the app... Already discussed with Whatsapp support without any succes...
Are there any suggestions from experienced users?

Regards

Memitim

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue on the phone of my girlfriend (Lumia 620). She never gets notifications, only see's messages when she opens the app... Already discussed with Whatsapp support without any succes...

Regards

Have u checked that the background agent isn't disabled for WhatsApp?

FernandoDB

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
i think that is my situation....

No, most of your battery drain will be from the screen if you constantly have WhatsApp open. I know on the Android devices I've owned that the screen accounted for 40-50% of battery usage under normal conditions I would imagine it'll be much higher if you have the screen on for extended periods of time.

Audio API is already gone in the latest versions

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if you guys expect to be heavily iming with minimal battery drain...

I mean, if you send a whatsapp message every now and then and experiencing horrendous battery drain, I can understand your concern.

But if you're like me, and sometimes all you're doing is switching back and forth between convos and constantly chatting for an extended period of time, your battery will drain..

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if you guys expect to be heavily iming with minimal battery drain...

I mean, if you send a whatsapp message every now and then and experiencing horrendous battery drain, I can understand your concern.

But if you're like me, and sometimes all you're doing is switching back and forth between convos and constantly chatting for an extended period of time, your battery will drain..

I am curious how does iMessaging sustain this? Anyone with iMessenger experience want to chirp in?

Also two features I still want to get rid of - vibrate when using app: why on earth do they want this? Even lame none updated Kik has an option for users to turn it off if they wish! and second feature being horrendous connectivity pop ups. I cannot believe every time I exit my whatsapp loses connectivity even on WiFi - not buying that! My whatsapp subscription ends in a month, I will be gutted to pay AGAIN even though just a dollar for this!

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site

Regards

Check if battery saving is not enabled.

Major

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Is there any reason to think that WhatsApp is still causing a battery drain? I am experiencing poor battery life, and while I have WhatsApp installed and pinned to my start screen, I haven't used it in days.

Jodey01

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

I am new here so please forgive me if I'm in the wrong place.

I have quite a scary problem with my whats app on my samsung android phone. Yesterday I sent some photos to one whatsapp contact. The images were duplicated in my "images sent file" as if I had send them twice or to two separate contacts but DID NOT. Why is this? There was a slight problem when I sent them in that the contact I sent them to didn't recieve them until about an hour later...

Any information regarding this would be gratefully recieved. Thank you

howiewolverine

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm having issues with the most recent update. It completely locks the phone on occasion. The only way to recover is to pull the battery. Otherwise the phone is completely nonresponsive. Anyone else experiencing this?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi All,

I am new here so please forgive me if I'm in the wrong place.

I have quite a scary problem with my whats app on my samsung android phone. Yesterday I sent some photos to one whatsapp contact. The images were duplicated in my "images sent file" as if I had send them twice or to two separate contacts but DID NOT. Why is this? There was a slight problem when I sent them in that the contact I sent them to didn't recieve them until about an hour later...

Any information regarding this would be gratefully recieved. Thank you

I think you might have misunderstood the thread title but this the whatsapp for windows phone thread and not the general whatsapp thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion