WhatsApp Questions and Answers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lumiauser

May 25, 2013
Visit site
After two updates it was working fine with no lag in receiving messages but it's back to the same issues

Bingo! This is precisely my observation as well. After two updates, it was working like a charm - no lags, no freeze, no delay in notification, improved battery life etc... But now again back to square one!

pointclouds

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
same here. notifications stopped working. Worse than before. I have to open the app to receive the messages.

Are we sure it is about the app and not MS?

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
No you can't. In fact you can't change sound and vibration for any single app, therefore whatsapp neither. That's why you couldn't find it of course, it doesn't exist. I also think this is really lame, the OS is not really customizable imo...

Yeah, I just noticed this playing around with the general settings: I was going to change my ringtone (no problem, I just plugged in my phone to my PC and dragged and dropped my custom ringtone into the ringtone folder), which was fine, and then I was going to change my text message notification sound to a custom one and then realized that I couldn't. There are pros and cons to the slightly closed system of Windows Phone; I think more pros than cons, overall, but not being able to change notification sounds is silly.

RedMaio

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
fun thing is that I've never had problems with whatsapp notifications, even with the old version (before july), until the last update: now, if whatsapp is in background, i receive notifications 15-20 minutes after the message was sent. I wonder what the hell is going on with whatsapp developers.

(other notifications work fine)

Omar 11

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Problem still present, live tile not updating and toast notifications never come.. The only way is to open the app where you will get all the messages at the same time...
Any one figured out what's the problem ? Is it from whatsapp or is it with windows phone

Is there any solutions ?

Have anyone contacted whatsapp for details because its wide spread ?

I am using NL920

lumiauser

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Have anyone contacted whatsapp for details because its wide spread ?

My friend did and he received a reply from Whats app support saying they are aware of it and they are on the job. When the same would be resolved is a million dollar question! The wait continues..

AliNSiddiqui

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
so is it a the WP version only that is effected ??

Yes, only WP is having problems making me think that Microsoft didn't do such a good job with the push notifications system on Windows Phone, especially considering how Kik, Skype, Viber, Facebook messenger, and just about every other IM app have the same problem.. Just not this bad.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
^^ well push notifications is an issue on all platforms ( i have a 920, s4, and i4), it depends on the signal as well as the software coding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99