WhatsApp Questions and Answers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantakk

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Nokia Lumia 620. Italy. Whatsapp 2.10.523 removed, rebooted the phone reinstalled the app without restoring backup.
In the options I switched to NO "Show me notifications" . Then I closed the app and waited about a min, opened again Whatsapp and now notifications seem to work well.
I don't know if it is a workaround, just telling my experience.:wink:

Omar 11

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Nokia Lumia 620. Italy. Whatsapp 2.10.523 removed, rebooted the phone reinstalled the app without restoring backup.
In the options I switched to NO "Show me notifications" . Then I closed the app and waited about a min, opened again Whatsapp and now notifications seem to work well.

this seems to solve the problem

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
You are 1 in a million. Consider yourself lucky!

The same can be applied to your android and iphone ;) There are some people in WP8 with WhatsApp issues, and some other people in WP8 with no issues (like me), when pankaj981 said that there are issues in Android and iphone too, you said "I don't have any issues on my android phone, and neither do my iphone friends", but you and your friends are not "all the android/iphone users".

AliNSiddiqui

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
The same can be applied to your android and iphone ;) There are some people in WP8 with WhatsApp issues, and some other people in WP8 with no issues (like me), when pankaj981 said that there are issues in Android and iphone too, you said "I don't have any issues on my android phone, and neither do my iphone friends", but you and your friends are not "all the android/iphone users".

The majority of users on Android/iOS don't have this problem.. Check the comments section on WhatsApp on the stores, now check Windows Phone Store, barely anyone has it working. There aren't "some" people with WhatsApp issues, almost everyone does, at least after the last update. ;))

hipporama

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
The majority of users on Android/iOS don't have this problem.. Check the comments section on WhatsApp on the stores, now check Windows Phone Store, barely anyone has it working. There aren't "some" people with WhatsApp issues, almost everyone does, at least after the last update. ;))

Not everything in this world is black and white as you think. Whatsapp has been flawless for me since the major update. None of my family members (who all have WP8 devices) are having any problems.

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Not everything in this world is black and white as you think. Whatsapp has been flawless for me since the major update. None of my family members (who all have WP8 devices) are having any problems.

I agree. My 800 and my parents' 820 and 620 work fine since the latest update. No issues whatsoever

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

Thank you. I tried it and it worked fine. Notifications are proper now :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

AliNSiddiqui

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I actually made those posts so I can see whether or not there actually are people who don't have any problems ;) Too much negativity xD

RedMaio

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site

grandissimo funziona!

Now, after this I was, obviousely, receiving notifications without the Message in it, so I tried to reactivate "show me Message on notificati on", and it still seems to work fine. Nice workaround.

Sent from my Lumia 820 using Tapatalk

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site

Absolute legend. Thanks man. I didn't uninstall though. I just turned of that setting and bam, I'm getting not only notifications on time, but the messages come through on time and are not madly delayed.

husam2277

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Hey beta testers, is there any new beta versions? any new features? improvements?
the most important does the battery life improved? and what about the message that tells about the notification is not working? it always appear to me.....

kka

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Absolute legend! Works perfectly now. Love it. Thanks! Btw if you have some trouble on notifications on skype too, turn off "messenger messages" and keep the "skype messages" on from the notifications settings. I tried and skype is now faster. I know this is not the right place but as we are talking about notifications , I just want to inform you...

Mohd Zuraidey

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I am using Lumia 520...why when i looking for old messages, whatsapp aplication always loading for 2/3 second...whatsapp on android work perfect without no need to loading while looking for old messaages....sorry for my bad engrish...:winktongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs