WhatsApp Questions and Answers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

antivirus

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Amazingly without having to uninstall, change settings reboot phone or any of the above solutions Whatsapp has been working great since yesterday. I'm sure this is the same for the vast majority of users who where having notification problem...

halamadridkimi

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
for me too whatsapp has been working like dream since yesterday, i really really hope that it stays this way.. plz whatsapp do not be broken anymore, love uu

androidtoWM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Amazingly without having to uninstall, change settings reboot phone or any of the above solutions Whatsapp has been working great since yesterday. I'm sure this is the same for the vast majority of users who where having notification problem...
not just whatsapp, the Facebook notifications (Like Me tile and messages) are working great for the past 2-3 days. I think MS fixed their push notification servers (or whatever MS calls it).

rmbob101

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
hi everyone, i read through this thread twice first. I have a HTC 8X, when someone messages me on whatsapp, theres a notification on the lock screen which shows the name of the person and part of their message. I don't want it to show the name of the person, instead either just a number or a nickname which I put for that person. Is this possible??

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone noticed your phone getting exceptionally (top region above the camera) in a group convo with around 20+ participants? this is the first time i've noticed it and the battery drain was mental.
Even when the group is inactive i.e at night when everyone is sleeping - it just plummets even when the app is closed but background agent is allowed to run.

Also Whatsapp needs to either enable a option to disable notifications for the active group convo... its bloody insane getting so many notifications, its like my phone is having a epileptic fit, stroke and cardiac arrest at the same time!

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone noticed your phone getting exceptionally (top region above the camera) in a group convo with around 20+ participants? this is the first time i've noticed it and the battery drain was mental.
Even when the group is inactive i.e at night when everyone is sleeping - it just plummets even when the app is closed but background agent is allowed to run.

Also Whatsapp needs to either enable a option to disable notifications for the active group convo... its bloody insane getting so many notifications, its like my phone is having a epileptic fit, stroke and cardiac arrest at the same time!

Not sure what you mean by active group but you can mute notifications for groups by going into group info. Btw i haven't experienced any heating issues w/ a group chat having 35 members

Manuj Bhargava

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Please help me!
I have Lumia 720 and I am not getting notification of WhatsApp Messages!!
P.S.:- Setting is already on of notifications in WhatsApp..
& How can I see the message counter(Number of Message received & sent) on WhatsApp?

wonderwhy

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
hi everyone, i read through this thread twice first. I have a HTC 8X, when someone messages me on whatsapp, theres a notification on the lock screen which shows the name of the person and part of their message. I don't want it to show the name of the person, instead either just a number or a nickname which I put for that person. Is this possible??

i would like an answer to that as well, just want a msg counter don't need.the name.etc poping up all the time possible?

Sent from my RM-893_nam_tmous_201 using Tapatalk

vyner

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I just found out the cause of the notification problem. It's the official facebook app! try uninstalling it and live without it for a day. You will notice that the "reboot" phone message will not appear any more.
After 2 days without any error, I re-installed facebook, and the error came back. So bye-bye facebook app for now.

nautanki_saala

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site

In whatsapp settings turn off 'show message in notification'

Techno-Freak

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by sision How do I block somebody in the contact list ?

You can't block a contact who is already in your contacts list. If someone who is not there in your contacts list messages you then you can block them.

You can block any of your contacts in WhatsApp by going to Settings>Blocked Contacts (yes, click on it)>Add the contact by tapping on the '+' in the app bar.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Please help me!
I have Lumia 720 and I am not getting notification of WhatsApp Messages!!
P.S.:- Setting is already on of notifications in WhatsApp..
& How can I see the message counter(Number of Message received & sent) on WhatsApp?

Have you tried the whole uninstall, reinstall, reboot phone process then turn off "Show Message in Notification"? I only needed to turn off the setting, but it might be worth a try to do the whole thing.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Just wondering if its the same for Facebook Beta??

I just found out the cause of the notification problem. It's the official facebook app! try uninstalling it and live without it for a day. You will notice that the "reboot" phone message will not appear any more.
After 2 days without any error, I re-installed facebook, and the error came back. So bye-bye facebook app for now.

Ankmeyester

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Few more small changes I've noticed:
When I switch to the brighter background, whatsapp continues to have black as its background.
Also, now the backup is taken everyday automatically. I have no choice in it. Previously if I didn't want to take back up it just sat there with an older back up date. Now it backsup every morning.
Skynet is coming :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb