WhatsApp Questions and Answers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Ok I just can't seem to shake the issues with this app. It now says I am not connected. It is definitely not my internet connection. I can connect to web sites and other apps just fine. Any one else having issues?

wonderwhy

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Yeah it was down, looks like only for WP my iPhone is online. In the last 5 moms my WP came back online. Maybe they are doing something useful.

Sent from my RM-821_im_south_africa_412 using Tapatalk

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Hope that is the case. It used to function just fine a while back. But recently, it has been really inconsistent. Hopefully they are indeed working towards a long term fix.

It seems to be back up for me now. Haven't tested it yet though.

lumiauser

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Since couple of days, Whats app on my L620 appears to be working better. Its lot more stable now - in terms of staying connected and notifications. Hope it remains so. Fingers crossed!

vitorrloureiro

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Recently i faced a hard time with notifications... first on whatsapp, then on all apps i had. I hard reseted my phone and etc and i think i found the solution. Remove your facebook account. Not the app, the account. I know it sucks, but if youre having problems with notifications, try it and tell me if it works. Worked for me.

UPDATE: Didnt worked out for too long. Im nearly sure the problem is Windows Phone and not Whatsapp.

Last edited:

summit27

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I am using Whats app on Nokia Lumia 620 and I am facing a strange issue with this combination.
Whenever I open the Whatsapp,it closes automatically.
Does anyone facing the same issue?

sision

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I am using Whats app on Nokia Lumia 620 and I am facing a strange issue with this combination.
Whenever I open the Whatsapp,it closes automatically.
Does anyone facing the same issue?
Just your device. I suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
How are people finding the last update? I haven't downloaded it just yet since it seems to be working ok at the moment. Don't want to risk it.

anadi1984

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
After the latest update, the only different thing I noticed so far is that when you tap the back arrow to exit the app, and when it gives a message that there is a problem in the push notification system, it gives two options... Dismiss and Learn more and does not suggests reboot as against the earlier options to Exit or cancel with message to reboot the phone.

husam2277

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
After the latest update, the only different thing I noticed so far is that when you tap the back arrow to exit the app, and when it gives a message that there is a problem in the push notification system, it gives two options... Dismiss and Learn more and does not suggests reboot as against the earlier options to Exit or cancel with message to reboot the phone.

yes and it still some few times crashes the other apps where you cant open them until reboot...

Ravi Ramgoolam

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, i got a strange problem with my whatsapp on my lumia 920. The toast notification that displays on top the phone when you get a message is not showing the contact name as i have it saved in my people hub but rather a the email for that person. The contact just has his name and number stored in the people hub. Any ideas?

Techno-Freak

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
^The toast notification doesn't take the name from your contacts, it is whatever the person has set it in their WhatsApp profile. In your case, the particular contact must have set their WhatsApp profile name as email id.

frogduck

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Just got a message starting today that my push notifications aren't working and that I should restart my phone. I then restarted my phone which didn't fix it and my phone thought it would be cool to restart another 5 times itself after that.

Anyone else with a similar issue today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos