WhatsApp Questions and Answers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pointclouds

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
It's horrible for me too, Lumia 925. Yesterday I didn't get any notifications for WA, nor the locking/unlocking sounds of my phone itself. I have reinstalled WA, didn't do anything. Switched my phone off for a few hours, and the notification sounds (and locking/unlocking) seem to be back. They also come up in a notification bar at the top of the screen for a few second, but then it dissappears without any other icons on the main screen to show there's a new message..

I'm very frustrated. Only a new windows phone user; has this happened in the past a lot?

I don't think "the sound problem" is a common issue. In my side, it's the first time I hear such a complaint. Are you sure the sound is not down to zero? you know (unfortunately!!!) there is only one volume control for the entire os and applications.

Jonathan Piferrer

May 29, 2013
Visit site
I have this HUGE problem...

I was the only one at home with Windows Phone, now my wife bought a Lumia 620, everything is ok, BUT WHEN WHATSAPP MAKES NOTIFICATION SOUND, BOTH RUN TO GET THE PHONE, OR ASK THE OTHER "Is it your phone or mine"?

Thats really disturbing, c'mon Whatsapp team, enable change notification alert...! :unhappysweat:

vyner

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
For those still having push notifications problem, try to change your data sense setting to unlimited. Worked fine for my 520

Wilsen Hernandez

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I have this HUGE problem...

I was the only one at home with Windows Phone, now my wife bought a Lumia 620, everything is ok, BUT WHEN WHATSAPP MAKES NOTIFICATION SOUND, BOTH RUN TO GET THE PHONE, OR ASK THE OTHER "Is it your phone or mine"?

Thats really disturbing, c'mon Whatsapp team, enable change notification alert...! :unhappysweat:
That's the most frustating thing about WhatsApp on WP. I have at least 3 friends with Windows Phones and when we are together we always end up asking the same question: It was yours or mine?

pointclouds

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
That's the most frustating thing about WhatsApp on WP. I have at least 3 friends with Windows Phones and when we are together we always end up asking the same question: It was yours or mine?

For me this is an incredibly beautiful problem! :) Hope more and more people use WP. Hope everybody has a problem like you? ;) Don't worry MS or whatapp would solve your problem in the future.

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
whatsapp has some problem with ur push nitifications
this msg is displayed... i hav to alwaz reboot my 620.
even my here map is not working, whenevr i open it i can only see my location symbol nuthng else than that everythng else is blank

Flavio76

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site

seams that this is a windows limitation....you cant personalize sounds ...it is boring...I just pretend I do not want to change it.... it works :(

immi216

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I am using WhatsApp on my Lumia 520 from last 4 month, it was working fine till this afternoon. When i launched WhatsApp this evening, it gave me a welcome screen and then asked my number, after entering my number it skips the verification process and showed me the message backup found message, on selecting restore its showed message "message restore failed", on proceeding it asked for my name and then showed the windows with message "Enjoy your 8 months of service" and then goes into the empty chat window. Now when i try to send msg to someone from my favourite list, it just try to load. In WhatsApp settings, it showing connection state "Not connected", i tried to install and uninstall the app and soft resetting the phone, but it doesn't work... Help me

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I am using WhatsApp on my Lumia 520 from last 4 month, it was working fine till this afternoon. When i launched WhatsApp this evening, it gave me a welcome screen and then asked my number, after entering my number it skips the verification process and showed me the message backup found message, on selecting restore its showed message "message restore failed", on proceeding it asked for my name and then showed the windows with message "Enjoy your 8 months of service" and then goes into the empty chat window. Now when i try to send msg to someone from my favourite list, it just try to load. In WhatsApp settings, it showing connection state "Not connected", i tried to install and uninstall the app and soft resetting the phone, but it doesn't work... Help me

What kind of connecting are you using

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Strangely enough.

I'm not seeing anyone's "last seen time" stamp on whatsapp anymore. Only online.

Maybe they are testing the option to remove it in WP?

CalumSK

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Same here, but my friend who has an iPhone says its down for them aswell, hmm
Plus I still occasionally see the 'last seen at' when I open it, and then it disappears next time I reopen it

WalkerHall

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Strangely enough.

I'm not seeing anyone's "last seen time" stamp on whatsapp anymore. Only online.

I didn't see time stamp either after the last update until I got another message from that person. The time stamp then reappeared and stayed updated.

deema92

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
I have a problem with the voice messaging it's not working with me and I tried pressing the try again button but it never worked with me.. my phone is an iphone and I use IOS7

Wilsen Hernandez

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Strangely enough.

My Lumia 800 died days ago and now I'm using a backup Blackberry (until I fix my Lumia or buy a new one) and I'm having the same problem on the Blackberry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)