WhatsApp Questions and Answers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

immi216

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I am using WhatsApp on my Lumia 520 from last 4 month, it was working fine till this afternoon. When i launched WhatsApp this evening, it gave me a welcome screen and then asked my number, after entering my number it skips the verification process and showed me the message backup found message, on selecting restore its showed message "message restore failed", on proceeding it asked for my name and then showed the windows with message "Enjoy your 8 months of service" and then goes into the empty chat window. Now when i try to send msg to someone from my favourite list, it just try to load. In WhatsApp settings, it showing connection state "Not connected", i tried to install and uninstall the app and soft resetting the phone, but it doesn't work... Help me

What kind of connecting are you using

Solved the issue... :D
It's not the problem with connectivity, i tried 3G, 2G and Wifi, but that doesn't work but infact it was the problem with message backup which i think get corrupted. I just reinstall the app and skipped the message restore and now whatsApp working fine, though i lost all my old messages.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
That's stupid who uses nokia nowadays
If u have something nice to say say it otherwise shut up

Who doesn't use Nokia? Seriously after I flushed my iPhone down the toilet, I haven't had a single issue with my new Lumia. Also, no I cannot shut up because these are the nicest things I can say about Lumia, seriously.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Solved the issue... :D
It's not the problem with connectivity, i tried 3G, 2G and Wifi, but that doesn't work but infact it was the problem with message backup which i think get corrupted. I just reinstall the app and skipped the message restore and now whatsApp working fine, though i lost all my old messages.

Great :)

Jonathan Piferrer

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Problems with notifications back, when i'm chatting with someone, and a new message apears from him, it only shows on status bar, BUT NOT IN THE CONVERSATION ITSELF... so i must press back button, and then back to chat... :unhappy:

SamEve

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I don't think "the sound problem" is a common issue. In my side, it's the first time I hear such a complaint. Are you sure the sound is not down to zero? you know (unfortunately!!!) there is only one volume control for the entire os and applications.

Yes, I actually double checked! And normal texts were making their noise as per usual, only whatsapp was staying quiet.. But you are right, only one volume control definitely is a downside to this phone..

dkpreet

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I want to free my 1.1gb space reserved by whatsapp application only in my lumia 920, but I don't want to reset my mobile. Is their any way to delete the backup file from the mobile memory?

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I want to free my 1.1gb space reserved by whatsapp application only in my lumia 920, but I don't want to reset my mobile. Is their any way to delete the backup file from the mobile memory?

press and hold a chat: then tap 'clear chat history'. It has to be done individually for each chat. That should help.
It will delete the media files too, so save the pictures from the chat before you clear chat history.

AnthonyGK1959

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi

Since downloading WhatsApp onto my Samsung Galaxy I receive text notification alerts at all hours of the day and night - very annoying - without any text. What is going on here? I doubt that it is an actual text that has been sent with no text visible Seems to be a misfunction

Vaibhav Chauhan

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
okay WhatsApp is working great after last few updates, it has new issues now.
1. Images take a second to load(which is very annoying and makes me feel like i have an Android in hand), it only happened after that much awaited update.
2. After the Amber update, which i did few hours ago, i see a faint grey/steel colored line(now always but quite often) in the middle of the screen while opening a chat. Needs to be fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750