WhatsApp Questions and Answers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
need to update the Nodification scheme. it is ridiculus to have notification for each message. This should be updated to one notification for all messages just like it is for Android version.

Victor Subeldia

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Saving received audio files on whatsapp into the Music + Video Hub

First of all sorry for my bad english, I'm from Latin America. Hey I want to know why we can't save audio files received in whatsapp into the music hub,I mean, how come the audio recorders apps can do this,they let you choose the file's name and save it to the music hub,so it's not an OS limitation,right?

hyedefinition

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Audio Settings resetting after receiving WhatsApp voice messages.

Hey guys,
Everytime I get a voice message on WhatsApp I notice that the audio equalizers go back to none. Did anyone else notice this problem? Not a big glitch, but kind of annoying having to go back and set it again after every voice message.
Thanks

Andr3sfc

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
need to update the Nodification scheme. it is ridiculus to have notification for each message. This should be updated to one notification for all messages just like it is for Android version.

Or better: you should be able to set your preferred method for messages notification.

vinceklein

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Just a quick question guys: Is what's app available in the people hub as a means to send a message or as a sharing option right after a picture was taken?

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Just a quick question guys: Is what's app available in the people hub as a means to send a message or as a sharing option right after a picture was taken?

you can't access whatsapp through the people hub. But you can share directly after taking a picture.
Press the ...
Then tap share
Then tap WhatsApp

vinceklein

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
you can't access whatsapp through the people hub. But you can share directly after taking a picture.
Press the ...
Then tap share
Then tap WhatsApp

Thank you for the quick heads-up.
I find this to be pretty frustrating because what's app is the de-facto messaging standard here and can be accessed everywhere in Android.
Can I at least share a link via iexplorer and whatsapp? Last time I checked out WP8 this was not possible.

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for the quick heads-up.
I find this to be pretty frustrating because what's app is the de-facto messaging standard here and can be accessed everywhere in Android.
Can I at least share a link via iexplorer and whatsapp? Last time I checked out WP8 this was not possible.

Access to the people hub has to be granted by Microsoft.
As for sharing IE links, I usually do it by email, since it can't be done by whatsapp as of now. Im not sure whether this is something that can by fixed by Microsoft or whatsapp.

vinceklein

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Access to the people hub has to be granted by Microsoft.
As for sharing IE links, I usually do it by email, since it can't be done by whatsapp as of now. Im not sure whether this is something that can by fixed by Microsoft or whatsapp.

MS giveth, MS taketh.
Same BS as always and a reason for poor platform adoption.
MS said that with WP it wants to be more open also in terms of sharing options.
Well, other than text, which is decades old without real multimedia support and a 2nd rate FB messenger, we get mail sharing.

I had hoped that this situation would have improved by now but still a year into WP8 and still at square one. Just as isolated and restrictive as vapid old iOS.
I hope the APIs get more open in WP 8.1.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
MS giveth, MS taketh.
Same BS as always and a reason for poor platform adoption.
MS said that with WP it wants to be more open also in terms of sharing options.
Well, other than text, which is decades old without real multimedia support and a 2nd rate FB messenger, we get mail sharing.

I had hoped that this situation would have improved by now but still a year into WP8 and still at square one. Just as isolated and restrictive as vapid old iOS.
I hope the APIs get more open in WP 8.1.

It won't change into Android if that's what you are waiting for. Most users of WP expect security over openness.

vinceklein

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
It won't change into Android if that's what you are waiting for. Most users of WP expect security over openness.

I am waiting for MS to include the de-facto messaging standard as a sharing option and to have more powerful sharing APIs.
Right now, sharing is worse than on iOS. I don't see how that would affect security. Can't even share vie skype IM which is MS owned.

rianash

May 27, 2013
Visit site
That's when you send or receive a picture and minimise the app, it shuts down after it is done.

Ah, thank God. I almost kick my desk after reading that music API is back..

So, it's only when minimising the app while sending or receiving media is ongoing. Thanks for the info, aka P. You saved my desk.. and my foot..

doaa993

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I can't. Read the old conversation on whatsapp .,,when I go back to read it ...the whatapp get out me from app !!!!!!!!!!!! ????
I have Lumia 920

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Yeah it happened while I too was scrolling back to old conversations. Hopefully the team will fix this bug in their future updates. Right now I'm kind of happy with the battery life ever since audio api has been removed.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo