WhatsApp Questions and Answers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aniruddh Sharma

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
My apologies if this has already been answered. A friend of mine who own a 720 wanted to know if we can save the audio and video files that we receive through whatsapp and if the audio files can be made the ringtone.
Thanks in advance.

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
What is the reason?
Can this be fixed in future updates? Is it possible to do this on Android and iOS?

its because Microsoft hasn't made the API available. Nothing to do with a file manager at all. The hubs are the file managers. You can share music, photos and office files through the respective hubs, so a file manager is not needed.

Music that you download from Nokia music is saved and can be made into a ringtone, so the OS allows this function. Yes, future updates can allow this if Microsoft chooses. Its also up to the developers to take up this issue.

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Well the videos and music we download from Whatsapp are saved somewhere. If we HAD a proper file manager, we'd have been able to locate it. I know about the "API not being available" part but I hate it when someone says that WP doesn't need a file manager because I find it ridiculous.

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Well the videos and music we download from Whatsapp are saved somewhere. If we HAD a proper file manager, we'd have been able to locate it. I know about the "API not being available" part but I hate it when someone says that WP doesn't need a file manager because I find it ridiculous.

you find it ridiculous, but a lot of people dont. Each file type has a hub, from which files can be shared. Its a file manager with another name but same function. I haven't felt the need for a file manage at all

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
you find it ridiculous, but a lot of people dont. Each file type has a hub, from which files can be shared. Its a file manager with another name but same function. I haven't felt the need for a file manage at all

Lets say you wanted to uninstall the app or changing your phone to another WP, you uninstall it but you find that all your videos and music in Whatsapp memory have disappeared. There's simply no way to retrieve them separately. Alot of folks may not know about this fact, doesnt mean the feature isnt needed. I hope a basic file manager is included in the next update :)

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site

I'm a former Symbian user man. I miss file manager more than anything especially X-plore. Its very easy to share files via file manager, renaming files as you wish, moving them to specific folder where you need them and much more. It helps you keep things organize the way you want and inclusion of a file manager can open doors to a lot of possibilities like rooting. I know some people don't like it but some do. Everybody has their preferences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077