WhatsApp Questions and Answers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

7SAN

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I switched from the 920 to 1020, and I couldn't verify the 1020 to my whatsapp account, I tried deleting the account from the 920 and uninstalling the program waiting for 1 hour and then install it to the 1020 but no use, it keep saying that the code is sent !!! Please guys help.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I switched from the 920 to 1020, and I couldn't verify the 1020 to my whatsapp account, I tried deleting the account from the 920 and uninstalling the program waiting for 1 hour and then install it to the 1020 but no use, it keep saying that the code is sent !!! Please guys help.

Try to verify by phone call, not sms.

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Whatsapp needs chat backgrounds, different chat colours and performance fixes. Please make it happen!!
the chat background is pointless since you wouldn't see it behind the dialog boxes. You really won't be able to see the image behind the dialog boxes since the boxes extend over the width of the screen.

hs k

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm a former Symbian user man. I miss file manager more than anything especially X-plore. Its very easy to share files via file manager, renaming files as you wish, moving them to specific folder where you need them and much more. It helps you keep things organize the way you want and inclusion of a file manager can open doors to a lot of possibilities like rooting. I know some people don't like it but some do. Everybody has their preferences.

X-plore was the ****. Come to think about it, the devs for that app, pretty much nailed everything reqd.

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Videos/Images goes to the photos hub.

Be sure to back your stuff up before removing whatsapp!

Nope. Not in the case of Whatsapp on WP.

PS: Though photos received in Whatsapp can be saved manually but not videos and music.

Last edited:

incognito123

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Push notifications are not working on my Lumia 520. I have no mobile data so i disabled 3G. I enabled wifi when the phone is standby.

When somebody sends me a message, no sound or message will pop up. When i open whatsapp, i will receive the message. When i reboot the phone, notifications will work fine for a couple of minutes. But after while, its broken again.

What could be the problem?

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
What could be the problem?

There can be many reasons for this.
1. Make sure you don't have Battery Saver turned on.
2. Allow the WiFi to run under lockscreen. Look under Settings > System > Wifi > Advanced.
3. Allow background task for Whatsapp. Look under Settings > Applications > Background tasks.
4. Try to unpin and re-pin the Whatsapp tile.

incognito123

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
There can be many reasons for this.
1. Make sure you don't have Battery Saver turned on.
2. Allow the WiFi to run under lockscreen. Look under Settings > System > Wifi > Advanced.
3. Allow background task for Whatsapp. Look under Settings > Applications > Background tasks.
4. Try to unpin and re-pin the Whatsapp tile.

1. Battery saver is turned off.
2. Wifi is running under lockscreen.
3. It is not blocked, so i gues it's running?
4. Didn't work. Even reinstall of the app didn't change anything.

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
1. Battery saver is turned off.
2. Wifi is running under lockscreen.
3. It is not blocked, so i gues it's running?
4. Didn't work. Even reinstall of the app didn't change anything.

you should get notifications if that's your settings. No reason why it shouldn't work. Also, under settings > ringtones+sounds, make sure that the box play sound for all other notifications is checked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaviSmalle