WhatsApp Questions and Answers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeyrants

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,

I tried to email my chat history but it seems that only the rather recent chat histories get sent to me as opposed to the entire chat history. Is there anyway where by I could retrieve my entire chat history from a particular conversation? I even tried to navigate to the some of the earliest chat history to get some screenshots but the application keeps crashing somehow. Any help on this issue would be appreciated.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
....it's faster!!!! Actually its not. LOL

Seriously, I'm having problem sending photos from within the app's chat. The bloody thing would just freeze with the black screen on. However the roundabout way is to send it via WP photo album/share/whatsapp...

Dame... its a bloody nusiance.

[amber920]

akshaypn

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
After installing new update, I am not able to view any group chat.
I get the new group chat notification but on opening the group chat, its empty..
Has anybody else observed this??
. Yes me too facing this problem...this update practically made this app useless...horrible update for me...anybody found any solution for this...is it a gdr 3 issue??

vikrant6

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
From last couple of weeks my Whatsapp doesn't recieve any messages in the background. I have to open the app each time to get the new messages. Then updated to GDR3, soft reset, uninstalling whatsapp and reinstalling, nothing seems to be working. It still shows in background task as allowed, but not working in background. Any help or tips please..

prateekj1993

May 29, 2013
Visit site
. Yes me too facing this problem...this update practically made this app useless...horrible update for me...anybody found any solution for this...is it a gdr 3 issue??

I did contact the whatsapp support team regarding the issue. They sent me a link to the updated beta version of whatsapp which seems to solve the issue.

WhatsApp | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

But a new problem that I have noticed just now is that the images exchanged in chats now show in very poor resolution

johnz87369

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
From last couple of weeks my Whatsapp doesn't recieve any messages in the background. I have to open the app each time to get the new messages. Then updated to GDR3, soft reset, uninstalling whatsapp and reinstalling, nothing seems to be working. It still shows in background task as allowed, but not working in background. Any help or tips please..

ive had this problem since gdr2, very frustrating, sometimes it does seem to work and sometimes i get notifications 30 minutes later. Just now i opened whatsapp only to see a new message in my chat that was send 30 minutes ago but i got no notifications and no updated live tile.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I wish there was option to Forward files from not only chat room but also from shared files windows ( contact/group info left/right swipe - files from there) when I tap and hold there is Forward option
But I did not notice any NEW problem yet. Two problems still presents btw in group chat,
1) when I swipe down for older chat history after couple pages app crashes,
2) when I swipe down too fast I'm struggling to open photo/video files nothing happens when I tap on them. I have to go back, open group chat again and swipe slowly

Charlie Poels

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed my battery not draining as fast. Ever since I got GDR3 Preview on my Ativ S the battery would drain really fast with WA to the point I was out of juice after 7 hours heavy usage. With the latest update, I've been using the same pattern for 4 hours and my battery is still at 92%. Thats pretty crazy! Ofcourse I didn't try to re-install WA after applying GDR3 Preview so I don't know if that would have helped much.

Jonathanmr7

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Hate this update! now the App sometimes close when open a conversation or with nothing!! :| reinstall and nothing solved...

Last edited:

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone show how to make multiple selection for images and selecting contacts for broadcast?
Also show how to search in chats with all available searches...
And show how to be happy with WP☹😣😢
All the WP apps has some or the other bugs.. Totally unstable WP OS...with unstable apps..
I hope all gets fixed..

Sent from my RM-941_im_india_204 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos