WhatsApp Questions and Answers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Optiplex330

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Correct me if I am wrong....

Whatsapp identify us using our SIM card. But what happens if we go overseas and slot in an oversea SIM card into our phone? Does that means my friend and I could no longer contact via Whatsapp?

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Where is the delete chat history option? Is supposed to be added with the new update. But is still nowhere to be found. Reinstalled the app and yet is not there. Anyone facing the same issue?

judemanutd

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Where is the delete chat history option? Is supposed to be added with the new update. But is still nowhere to be found. Reinstalled the app and yet is not there. Anyone facing the same issue?
goto group info,press the ... to bring up the option and you'll get delete chat history there.

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Thanks.
So I can change SIM card (obviously with different phone number) and people can still send me messages etc, how does Whatsapp do that?

the sim card is needed for registration, so that your phone number can be registered, and so that people who have your number in their phone book can see that you use whatsapp. After that all you need is internet- WiFi or mobile data, independent of your sim card.

rajkumr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
What's app is very stable!!! U can even have individual live tiles for groups and contacts. All notifications comes through without a hitch!

And if you consider what's app to be crucial to you, it has a much better experience and functionality on windows phone!!!

Udit Guru

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Happened with me as well , i blocked it from running in the background and it worked for me....strange
I don't know it will work or not for you but you can try..

rajkumr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Saurabh, try disabling what's app in background tasks with the option enabled to start once the app is open, then soft reset the phone with the volume down + power combination and then start what's app.
Hopefully this will fix your issues!

CypherZ

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Saurabh, try disabling what's app in background tasks with the option enabled to start once the app is open, then soft reset the phone with the volume down + power combination and then start what's app.
Hopefully this will fix your issues!

Sofar this worked for me, lets hope they fix it! thanks!

CypherZ

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Happened with me as well , i blocked it from running in the background and it worked for me....strange
I don't know it will work or not for you but you can try..

Strange this also workes for me, i disabled the Background task ( in my opinion this is not needed anyways ) and all the notifications show up instantly.
Awesome ! Saves running a task.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss